Something is on my Betta's head

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

V3rmilion

Reaction score
Hello! About a month ago, I got a beautiful blue crowntail betta from a Pet Supplies Plus. He didn't seem to have anything wrong with him until I saw something white sticking out of the right side of his head. He still swims and eats fine, though. It has been there for about a week now, and I don't know what it is.

My water parameters are still the same as the ones from my gourami post. (I still don't know the nitrate and nitrites, sorry!)

Ammonia : Close to 0 ppm

pH : Around 6.2

Temperature : 72°F (22.2°C)

It has the same decorations. Four plastic plants, a large Petoskey stone, and a Marimo moss ball. The golden mystery snail is also still in the tank. It is 6 gallons (22.7L), and it is filtered.

I feed him New Life Spectrum Betta Formula Pellets 2 times a day (2 in the morning, 2 at night), Omega One Freeze Dried Bloodworms 2 times a day (2 in the morning, 1 at night) every Tuesday and Friday as a treat, and I fast him every Sunday.

If you know what the problem is, please respond. Any help is appreciated :)

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpg
    IMG_3721.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 380
Hard to tell by pic. Is the spot fuzzy or anything?

Hard to tell by pic. Is the spot fuzzy or anything?

Sorry, it was hard to get the camera to focus on him.

It actually does look a little bit fuzzy. I just thought it was some cuttlebone that got stuck in his gills, since I sprinkle it in every Sunday for the snail.

Here's a better picture of him. It was a bit tough getting a picture, but it's the best I could manage.

Attachments

• 20190417_173354_kindlephoto-193597342.jpg
    20190417_173354_kindlephoto-193597342.jpg
    981.7 KB · Views: 355
If he’s eating well and acting ok, I would keep the water super clean and treat for fungus. Perhaps Colin will come along later and have some advice. Good luck!

no idea, need a clear picture of the side of the fish.
I took 3 new pictures. Hopefully they are good. Sometimes the spot is very visible, other times it isn't.

Attachments

• IMG_3763.PNG
    IMG_3763.PNG
    453.7 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3764.PNG
    IMG_3764.PNG
    450 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3765.PNG
    IMG_3765.PNG
    447.3 KB · Views: 356

Most reactions

trending