Something hanging from Guppy !!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rich T

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently bought two male guppies and put them in a friends tank temporarily.

They are still in my friends tank however one of the two now has a stringy thing hanging from underneath. Is this a parasite ?

Picture attached:

g21.jpg

I looked at the fish at about 6pm and there was nothing wrong, at 9PM I noticed this string and half an hour later the string has gone.

What was it ?

These are the first guppies I have had so if its something daft dont make fun :D

hehhehe. just a fishy poop. nothing more. ;) although, if you notice that your fish are having stringy and white poop, I believe there could be something wrong. I recall it being listed as a symptom of internal parasites (see Phantom Thief's Typical Symptoms of Diseases/ False Alarms, The Most Common Symptoms post in the emergencies forum.

Did you happen to feed any bloodworms? Sometimes when we give ours blood worms their poo is long white and stringy.

I havent fed them any bloodworms no but the store I had them from might have. Ive only had them a few days.

I did read the common diseases false alarms thread and noticed this one which got me thinking.

19. White threads hanging from fish - Parasitic worms

Noticed my other guppy had the same thing last night but the poop was clearer and much thinner than the one shown below but that too has now gone so nothing to worry about.

Thanks for not taking the mick :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back