Something Cute to Brighten Your Day!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
They have the same internal parts as humans and their hearts have been used in human transplants.

That's interesting! So there are actually people out there that are truly pigs at heart. :rofl:

Don’t know much about chickens. If you got them into the show ring before they died, you could show the dead chicken. You could hold it for the judge to look at it and then set it down and croak! It was gone. After the show there would be a number of dead chickens in the ring. Nasty! Now, pigs are another thing. I can tell you all about swine. Did you know pigs don’t have sweat glands so you can’t “sweat like a pig?” They are clean animals but lay in the mud to stay clean. They are the 5th smartest mammal in the world...humans, primates, dolphins, whales, and then pigs. They have the same internal parts as humans and their hearts have been used in human transplants. Their gestation period is 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days.
At agricultural shows in Western Australia, they have the chooks in separate cages in an airconditioned shed to keep them cool in summer. Each cage has food and water and the birds are in good condition and do well. I have never seen any dead birds at any shows.

----------------
They are the 5th smartest mammal in the world...humans, primates, dolphins, whales, and then pigs.

You screwed that list up by putting humans in it, and even worse, you put humans first (shakes head in disbelief).

And you forgot to mention piggies taste really good as bacon :)

At agricultural shows in Western Australia, they have the chooks in separate cages in an airconditioned shed to keep them cool in summer. Each cage has food and water and the birds are in good condition and do well. I have never seen any dead birds at any shows.

At the state fair near me, there are always chickens there. They are also kept in an air conditioned shed with lots of food and water. I have not seen any dead chickens. I don't think it's very fun for them in those cages though. They also have bunnies on wire bottom cages at the fair. I always feel sorry for them.

At the state fair near me, there are always chickens there. They are also kept in an air conditioned shed with lots of food and water. I have not seen any dead chickens. I don't think it's very fun for them in those cages though. They also have bunnies on wire bottom cages at the fair. I always feel sorry for them.
Same

The chicks got their first treats today! It was mostly some mashed up strawberries, but they loved it! They took little bits and ran away with them so the others couldn't steal the food from them. :rofl:

The chicks got their first treats today! It was mostly some mashed up strawberries, but they loved it! They took little bits and ran away with them so the others couldn't steal the food from them. :rofl:
awww

The wire bottom on rabbit cages is for the poop & pee to fall through so the bunnies don't get poop stuck to their fur.

We used wire base cages in the shop specifically for that purpose. We had a metal tray lined with newspaper under that to catch the mess they made. We had litter trays in the cages too but a lot of rabbits didn't use them.

The wire bottom on rabbit cages is for the poop & pee to fall through so the bunnies don't get poop stuck to their fur.

We used wire base cages in the shop specifically for that purpose. We had a metal tray lined with newspaper under that to catch the mess they made. We had litter trays in the cages too but a lot of rabbits didn't use them.
It is effective for that purpose but it really damages their feet

It is effective for that purpose but it really damages their feet

Yes, exactly. The wire bottoms to make it easier to clean the cages, but it can really affect the rabbit's feet.

We had litter trays in the cages too but a lot of rabbits didn't use them.

All rabbits will use a litter box, you just have to train them to use it. I trained my bunny in a couple days, and she knew that she was only aloud to do her business in the litter box. If we were holding her and she had to go to the bathroom, she would get really anxious. Once we set her back into her enclosure (we kept her in a child play pen), she would go straight to the litter box.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back