Something Awful Has Happened..

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jessica13

Moved On
Reaction score
hey,

Im having a really bad day today! As some of you might know i've got three parrots. Two green cheeked conures (molly and mac) and a galah cockatoo (Magic).

Anyway, i sorted them out with food water etc yesterday evening before i went out, then when i cam home this morning the first thing i did was go and let them out of their cages. Molly likes to spend the morning and afternoon on my shoulder so i would get yelled at if i didnt!!

Anyway, I opened the door and only Magic was in his cage! I looked a bit closer and Molly and Mac were dead on the bottom of their cage :blubber:
I dont know for sure what happened, we're having a postmortem done on Molly tomorrow, but as im sure you can imagine it was not nice to come home to, especially Molly who was my baby!! Im not sure what im going to do as to another bird. At the time i was thinking of sending Magic back to the rescue as i've had such bad luck with birds!! But thats not fair on him, he loves his home, so im keeping him. But i dont know if i could get another bird after losing Molly...

So... RIP little birdies :-( :( :sad:

Mac:

100_2704.jpg

Molly :-( :wub:

mollycloseup12022005.jpg

Its awful losing them isn't it :sad: I lost an African Grey just last October and that was bad enough but i was so attached to Molly! She was such a sweet little thing, i couldnt have ever imagined not having her around :-(

Thanks for that link, though i did hear about that. I dont actually feed my birds grapes after hearing that and as Magic is fine i dont think its anything like that.. As i said, i cant be sure until after the post mortem but it does just look as though Molly freaked out after her mate died and panicked.. :sad: Poor little birdies :byebye:

Aaw Jess I am soo sorry to read of your loss, i hope you find out what caused this and I hope that Magic is OK.

Arfie

Ahhh shucks !!!! so sorry to hear Jessica :-( I know you must be absolutely gutted. Let us know what the Post Mortem says.

really sorry to hear about your lovely birds. thats really sad :sad:

omg im so sorry about your birdies!!! :-( were they sick or something..thats crazy how both of them died.... omg i dunno wut id do if i lost my parrot..he's my baby!!! but ive had him for almost 6 years now..and ive never had any troubles..do u ever feed your birds anything besides seeds?? i like to give my bird alot of different foods like, pasta,eggs,tons of fruits and veggies, rice .. sometimes even a lil piece of meat..
your birds look very healthy in the pics you posted.. so im curious on what happened...please tell us after you find out...

*spelling

Thanks everyone..

All my birds are fed on mainly fruit and veg, with some seed, pulses and pasta etc in there as well. I cant think it was anything i fed them that caused it as they all get the same and Magic, the cockatoo is doing fine, other than being a bit quiet and nervous - Probably from seeing both of his friends die :(

Mac was a rescue bird who we think had been used as a breeder. We had no info at all on him though from certain things about him (particularly his scaly feet) we'd guess he was at least 10 years old which is old for a green cheek, they only live til about 15 usually.
Molly only turned 2 a couple of weeks ago so she was only a baby :-(

The post mortem is being done on Molly later today (she has to have it for the insurance) and if there is anything usual like a disease found to be the cause, one will be done on Mac after, but everyone seems fairly sure he just died of natural causes..

I guess i'll have to wait and see.. :-(

Jessica this is just a thought, I bought some airfreshner and sprayed it in my house and got up the next morning and both of my birds were dead. This is the only thing I can think of that could have killed your birds. Or mabey the fruit that you gave them had something on it. I hate not knowing I paid out 500.00 dollars to find out what happen to my cat. I just walked in and found him dead is was only three years old. I just had to know what happened to him. So believe me I can relate to what you are going through. I am so sorry about you babies..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back