Somebody loves me !!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gadazobe

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I've been offered a freebie!!! :D :D :D Someone wants to give me 2 hexagonal tanks joined with a bit of transparent tube from the centre of each one - know what I mean?? :what: Questions now: 1 - do I take it, 2 - what can I put in it, 3- do both tanks need heating and filters or just on one side and 4 - where do I put it??? By the sound of it, its about 5 gallons each side, not including the pipe :look:

I'd go for it :D

How large is the tube between? What with turbulence issues and the possiblity of still spots in the flow if you only had one filter I'd go for two smaller ones. But I've never tried, so thats just the physicist coming out ;)

Promise to be normal again tomorrow :D

I'd keep something small - with only 5 gallons each side theres not much fish space (how high are the tanks?) so a few of something small will give you a bit of movement, where one or two or something larger won't so much.

But thats just me - I like small fish :)

Just to help you along with this decision of yours, I'll help out. I'm cool like that.

1. DUHHHH. Take it and run. run far, far, away.
2. You can put 1 (one) male betta, 4-5 small tetras and a cory cat.
3. Both sides should have a filter of some kind. I would use a sponge filter or at the very least a Penguin mini. You will only need one heater I do believe.
4. Put it in your house somewhere. If you leave it out side the aliens will get it and who know what evil nasty thing they would use it for.

That thing that connects them together is called a water bridge. You have a small version of what I'm going to do with a couple of really big tanks when I get a house. Only mine will be above the water.

Rose

Hi,
my friend had one of those tanks, with various fancy goldfish in it. It looked great and the fish seemed happy enough. She didn't have any problems with the under-gravel filters, although cleaning algae out of the tunnel connector was a bit of a pain.

The goldfish now live in a pond and I think she's lost interest in it, however. Last I heard, she was housing guppies in it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back