Somebody Help Me.i Want To Know What Fish Is This.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Geethu

Reaction score
Yesterday i bought two new fishes, but i dont know what fish is it.

I attach photo and a video of it ( Sorry that they are not so clear).
Please tell me whether they are live bearers, and help me how to take care of them.
image%201.JPG

oh. i couldnt upload it. i'm still trying

is this ok? :(

and this?

Attachments

• Image3.JPG
    Image3.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Image 2.JPG
    Image 2.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 44
they look almost like some sort of ram to me, but the pictures are rather blurry. what are you keeping them in?

I transferred them to a container to take photos

That is my impression. A long finned Gold Ram. Rams are dwarf cichlids. They prefer warmer water than many other tropicals, right around 82 F is good. Easy to feed as they will eat flakes. I like to give some frozen or live food a few times a week, but it's not necessary. If you have a male/female pair, they might get a bit rough on their tankmates when they breed and nest up. They lay eggs and protect them and the small fry. Other than that they are peaceful.

Is this a young one?
It is a bit smaller than a platy.
And have a lot of tiny silver spots on its fins and tail

The spots could be ich. my fish have had it a little treatment should clear it up but try just everyday for a week a 30% water change

Clear bluish spots on the fins and tail are just normal color on a Gold Ram. No need to dump chemicals in for that. Opaque specks that look like grains of salt are Ich.

I was sorry to hear that it is ich, but didnt believe it since the spots are very cute to see.
But happy now. Based on your informations, i searched google.
Without you helping me, i was not able to search the net since i didnt know the name of the fish then. Thanks a lot. :)
And my fish is just like the one in the picture. My previous image was taken with my mobile camera. Thats why its not clear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 28

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back