Some Uninvited Tank Inhabitants.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Liam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
May be of some interest to some. Lots of little critters move into a shrimp tank, most of them are completely harmless, except maybe hydra. The daphnia were food in the fish tank, I think they look cool and alien. Got an extension tube for my lens so can take pics of tiny things.
fish food daphnia.
daph1.jpg

daph2.jpg

Not so clear but quite weird looking daphnia.
daph3.jpg

Hydra.
crit5.jpg

seed shrimp.
crit1.jpg
crit2.jpg

copepods, with eggs, no eggs and feeding on moss.
crit6.jpg
crit4.jpg

crit3.jpg

A nematode, tiny white thread like guys
nemat.jpg

well as I took the pics I had to show them somewhere. :rolleyes:

Wow those pics are unreal! How did you manage to capture them?

Oh my goodness, those photos are freaky!!!

Absolutely fantastic though, I love pictures like this.

Helen

Amazing. Although they're all so alien like, they actually are beautiful with all their tiny detail.

Great pics.

:good:

Brilliant pics as always Liam. It's nice to clearly see what we only see glimpses of sometimes.
Were these all taken against a black background? Or some help with photoshop (that's not meant to be a cheeky comment btw).
Never knew Daphnia had blue on them :crazy:

Great pics, i tried to get one of the hyrda in my tank and it came out as a tiny green blur.

I'm speechless, seriously that's more like microscopy, really amazing!
I've tried to take pics of springtails and cyclops, I find them very interesting, but I always get a poor result with the lens on my cam :lol: .
Thanks for sharing.

Are you sure your not a photography enthusiast more so then a fish enthusiast...

Truly INCREDIBLE pictures. Now i just wish i could understand why they were unwanted!

the second picture is actually kind of cute, and im a guy :blush: .... :lol: you can see its mouth too.

GREAT PICS :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back