Some of my Guppies Photos

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jonny-5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
These are 2 Female sisters from a batch of fry last year, I kept these back for myself. The Male is from another batch with different parents but approx same age, As he was interesting colours i kept him too. He also has a blue snakeskin brother in my other tank.
The Corydoras were photo bombing in some pics 😄

Attachments

• 20211002_185856.jpg
    20211002_185856.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20211002_185851.jpg
    20211002_185851.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211002_185041.jpg
    20211002_185041.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 49
These are 2 Female sisters from a batch of fry last year, I kept these back for myself. The Male is from another batch with different parents but approx same age, As he was interesting colours i kept him too. He also has a blue snakeskin brother in my other tank.
I have a similar one!!
image.jpg

its so cool how one brood can have so many varieties
is it a sunset tequila?

mine's just a fancy blonde red that had so much stress growing up as a fry she never developed her colors properly, but she is big and happy now, her children are fine1

Looks like a nice one that. Im not sure on the strain to be honest. I picked them up as mixed females with dull colours in the LFS, I gave all the adults away at the time & kept the nicest coloured fry for myself.
Im going to buy a nice strain of a male now to put with the virgin daughters in the other tank, Just to see what happends to the colours

Looks like a nice one that. Im going to buy a nice strain of a male now to put with the virgin daughters in the other tank, Just to see what happends to the colours
which type?

it would be cool to have a dumbo black moscow or turqoise (they might be the same thing that's just what they're called at petsmart) to cross with them, could produce some weird looking colors!

you could get something rare of the non dominant genes but that is unlikely

my red fancy (has genes of white and blue)
mated with the japanese blue lyretail and the babies are like wild guppies!
(she died tho... :( )

Sad that she died. Im not sure what im looking for yet. No rush as the fry are still a bit young yet.
sometimes there's really cool mutts in local pet stores
not much of chain stores
my local pet store has a different strain of mutts every time i go there, they are sooo pretty

The LFS i use for my supply of fish have boring colours of Mutts.
You can get nicer strains with great colours but you have to pay a premium.
I can get 6 Mutts here for £5.
Dumbo, Moscows or Fancy Guppies are sometimes £5 each.
Maybe i should pay a premium & get something really nice

The LFS i use for my supply of fish have boring colours of Mutts.
You can get nicer strains with great colours but you have to pay a premium.
I can get 6 Mutts here for £5.
Dumbo, Moscows or Fancy Guppies are sometimes £5 each.
Maybe i should pay a premium & get something really nice
It also depends on the location you live. In the other area more nicer guppies are offered than in the other area. At least, that's something I've noticed...

Yes i agree, Location matters a lot. The guy in my LFS said the cost of shipping fish has rocketed in the last 18 months as a result of Covid & Brexit

Gorgeous! Similar to my guppies that I posted the other day in the photo & video forum. Mine are all boys. From eBay: 5 Fancy Male Mutt Guppies

Go to eBay and you’ll see the same item for sale. Think seller is in NY.
also sells plants & snails. Nice man.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back