Some Of My Fish (Picture Heavy)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

karin

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a few pictures. I posted the FTS in the Member's Photo Forum. Here are some of the guys and girls...

Tony the Heros Efasciatus Red Spot
IMG_1688.jpg

Bean the heros sp. Rotkeil
IMG_1695.jpg

Luke (or Luka?) the Satanoperca Leucosticta with biotodoma cupido in background
IMG_1692.jpg

The unnamed hecklii acara
IMG_1693.jpg

And Snickers my little hypselecara temporalis (chocolate)
IMG_1697.jpg

I have a video too... but I can only link, don't know how to embed.... Click on the picture to link to video.

Enjoy and comments welcome.

Oops should I have put this above? Perhaps a kindly moderator will move it if so. Apologies. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blink: :blink: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :dunno:

Lovely fish and tank. All the cichlids appear to get on surprisingly well with each other. Well done !

Looks nice, although the Geo (Hecklii, Cupid, Satanoperca) types should be in groups.

Great looking tank :) And fish!! Very envious stocking :)

HGS1 I think the Cupids are in a group and I agree with the Satanoperca but Hecklii are best kept as singletons as they are quite nasty between each other much more violent to each other than other Geos.

Wills

Yes, the cupids are 5 males. And I know it is a bit controversial, but I chose to keep the satanoperca as a singleton. Others have and report good results. I have to say Luke is a personable fish, not fearful, constantly doing his thing sifting sand, very active at feeding time getting his/her share of everything. So he doesn't get the benefit of a school but he gets to do his thing in a clean and healthy tank. One day, if I had a bigger tank for sure. For now I'll see how it goes, he/she seems content.

Thanks Hamfist. This is definitely a peaceful tank for the most part. The only thing that happens is at meal time the red spot chases the rotkeil, but at other times she turns on him. A bit of breeding behavior between the two as well. A bit concerned about that. I really don't want to deal with that. But I'll deal with it when it happens.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Angels prefer to be in groups too, and your angel doesn't look to be a Scarlare, looks like a Leopoldi actually

Thank you for the nice comments. I do know that some of these "should be" in groups.... but then again, all "should" be in the wild. But well it is the hobby. Thank you for the comments. In some cases I'm trying it with a singleton to see what happens and in other cases I have this one and don't want more. This little angel did not work with my breeding pair in my other thank so here he is and he is a very active fish. And I really don't want more angels.

Anyway, I'm loving the tank and they are well cared for.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back