dolphin

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My red oscars

Attachments

• oscars2.JPG
    oscars2.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 46
Nice fish there mate,how big are the Oscars? Id quite like a couple my self but they wouldnt mix nice with my other fish and i have no room for a 100 gallon tank to put them in :(

I'm sure i read somewhere that a pair of oscars would be ok in a 55G?

Has someone been having a go at that oscars tail!

A pair in a 55 would be carnage,minimum space for these fish is 40g per fish and prefferably 50g.

Hi

DG, nothing wrong with the tail, just the angel of the photo. This one was taken a few seconds later.
The fish are just over 7" in length, (still youngsters). They currently live in a 48X24X24 (approx 95 UK galls) in the fish house.

The other fish has been removed from the comp, as it is now a discus champion, and I feel it a little unfair to put it up against pet fish.

Attachments

• oscars.JPG
    oscars.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 44
Oh yeah, it looked like his tail was chewed up :) But he's in good nick.

I've been thinking of getting an oscar or 2. My tank is a 48x15x18. I think i may leave the malawi in it and got for a 5 or 6 footer. Would this be enough room for a pair of oscars or 1 oscar and 1 green terror? (im scrapping the marine tank idea)

don't remove him from the comp. champion or not he belongs. this is an opinion poll, not a championship, and IMO the red turqoise discus you have should be entered.

I absolutely could NOT resist:

oscar1.jpg

I had to reconstruct his left fin a tad, but I LOVE THAT OSCAR!!! To me, that picture shows me why people like Oscars. I had a hard time seeing it before, but now I know their little secrets :wub:

Just look at that face :wub:

Silver
:*

Most reactions

trending

Back