Some Great Aquarium Cleaning Advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jeffreemiller

Reaction score
Hello everyone! my name is Jeffree (you can call me Jeff) and this is my first day on the fish forum! I was browsing around the forum and it seems like a great place. However, I didn't see any posts that talk about cleaning the outside of fish aquariums.

The way that I clean the outside of my aquariums is with double density microfiber towels. They're great at removing dirt and moisture, and they don't leave any lint on my tanks. I find that they work best when I rub the towel gently on the outside of the aquariums. If anyone would like to clean their tanks the way that I clean mine, here is a link to an amazon page where you can buy these great-priced towels: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029T0S70

To get dust off of the aquariums, I keep the towel dry and rub gently.
To clean stains and such off of my aquariums, I wet the towel and then rub.

Note to Admins: If this thread is against the rules of the forum in any way, please delete it.

DoubleDensitymicrofibertowel.jpg

The cheapest and most effective way I've found is wet kitchen towel. Wipe horizontally with the wet kitchen towel, then vertically with dry kitchen towel. Cost = pennies ;)

That was the way that I used to do it, but then I realized that the microfiber towels will last me years. never really did the math, but maybe my way could be cheaper in the long run.

oh and also, with the double density towels, nothing gets thrown away into land fills so it's eco-friendly :)

Maybe, but kitchen towel costs next to nothing and I've always got it in the house. Those sort of towels look ok but it's the sort of thing that would get used a couple of times and then stored away, never to be used again.
Nice idea but I'll stick with my kitchen towel. :)

Lol, fair enough. Probably plenty of people out there who will find it ideal.

I use Mr Muscle bathroom cleaner - no streaks :D

Though the second I open the lid water runs down the front :crazy:

Yep, I use Norwex Microfiber cloths on everything in the house, including my tanks! Great suggestion!

Whenever I do anything to my tank I have a towel draped over my shoulder in case the slightest drip of water goes anywhere it shouldn't. The deal is the lounge stays water free or I am barred from having a tank there and it's back upstairs for me :rolleyes:

The front of the tank always gets a wipe down with that :good:

Do they work on sticky fingerprints and wax crayon? I have 2 small boys and 12 tanks it takes me ages trying to clean the outside of the glass!

oh thats a wonderful sounding combination - i thibk a sound telling off and safety talk would suffice!

Do they work on sticky fingerprints and wax crayon? I have 2 small boys and 12 tanks it takes me ages trying to clean the outside of the glass!

I have yet to find something that they don't work on. I use them all around the house, and on my cars. I had my neighbors and their child (a toddler) come over for dinner a few weeks ago, and she put her greasy hands all over one of my aquariums. It just took me a few minutes with a microfiber towel to clean off the fingerprints, so the same should work for you. hope this helps!

Hey Jeff, are you the guy promoting those things at the Ideal Home Exhibition? :shifty:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back