Some doubts about my new betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ama

Reaction score
Yesterday my dad bought this pal and he didn't ask anything about her. Some of my doubts are mentioned below
1)How old is she
2 )What type of betta is this
3)when she get ready to b
NB:- currently I'm keeping both of them on a small glass.... I'm actually planning to buy new homes for them
IMG_20190916_191312-01.jpeg
IMG_20190916_191323-01.jpeg
IMG_20190916_190520-02.jpeg
IMG_20190916_191202-01.jpeg

Not clear as to what your question or concern is. However a betta needs a minimum of 2.5 gallons to live in. It is better for them to have at least 5 gallons. Your bettas will not thrive in a cup. You need to get them both much bigger tanks and you need to have the water cycled. Keeping fish is not about buying one and simply placing it in water. Please read on the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle and Cycling your tank. Sadly, your fish will die if you continue to keep them in cups. We’re happy to answer any questions and to help you.

Not clear as to what your question or concern is. However a betta needs a minimum of 2.5 gallons to live in. It is better for them to have at least 5 gallons. Your bettas will not thrive in a cup. You need to get them both much bigger tanks and you need to have the water cycled. Keeping fish is not about buying one and simply placing it in water. Please read on the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle and Cycling your tank. Sadly, your fish will die if you continue to keep them in cups. We’re happy to answer any questions and to help you.
My actual doubt is how old is she and what type of betta is this
And those glasses are temporary, I'm actually planning to change them on my betta tank

She looks like plakat. Don’t put the male and female in the same tank. :)

Yes, they have separate tanks. How old she seems to you?
I’m confused. You said you are currently keeping them in glasses but getting them new homes. Now you say they have separate tanks. Somethings not clear here. To answer your question about age, she is roughly 6 months old. How old is your male betta and how long have you had him?

I’m confused. You said you are currently keeping them in glasses but getting them new homes. Now you say they have separate tanks. Somethings not clear here. To answer your question about age, she is roughly 6 months old. How old is your male betta and how long have you had him?
Currently I'm keeping both in a separate small glass and this is the new tank m planning to buy ..it separate from the middle and inbuilt filter and light
images (22).jpeg

Nice tank but I don’t believe it will give them 2.5 gallons each. Can you go a little larger?

Wait, I just looked it up and it is 5 gallons. It can work if you can’t go larger.

So
Nice tank but I don’t believe it will give them 2.5 gallons each. Can you go a little larger?
so you prefer 5 gallon tank for two of them? this tank is just 2.5 totally

So
Yes. Get a 5 gallon tank, then divide it.

Wait, I just looked it up and it is 5 gallons. It can work if you can’t go larger.
If that is a 5 gallon tank, it could work, but I recommend getting a bigger tank. :)

As far as classification of the betta goes, I would say it is a “Female Plakat Betta Fish, with glass, and a little bit of koi coloring.“

Yes. Get a 5 gallon tank, then divide it.

If that is a 5 gallon tank, it could work, but I recommend getting a bigger tank. :)

As far as classification of the betta goes, I would say it is a “Female Plakat Betta Fish, with glass, and a little bit of koi coloring.“
Could she be a delta tail? I've done some searches and feel like she can be delta tail.
Screenshot_2019-09-16-20-59-43-324_com.android.chrome.png

Those fins are the pelvic fins and all fish have them. The OP's fish might have white pelvic fins that are resting against the body. Can the OP check their fish for pelvic fins?

So
They need 2.5 gallons bare minimum for each fish. If you plan to breed later they will need a 10G tank for breeding. I personally, would not put any betta in less that 5 gallons each.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back