Some doubts about my new betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Now that you say it, I think your are right.

Plakats typically have these fins right here......
View attachment 93946

And your doesn’t, which makes me think she is a Delta Tale.

(The picture came from this website.: https://www.thesprucepets.com/female-betta-gallery-4121824)
Uh, she better have those fins or she has issues. All fish have them. I still vote plakat. The short fins and longer body are characteristics of the plakat. Most female bettas located in Lfs are plakats. Females don’t sell as much so they don’t spend much on them. If you want a fancier female, you normally need to go through a breeder. All of my female bettas that I purchased from Lfs were plakats. I had to order my fancier ones from breeders. This was when I had my sorority up and going.

Last edited:
Uh, she better have those fins or she has issues. All fish have them. I still vote plakat. The short fins and longer body are characteristics of the plakat. Most female bettas located in Lfs are plakats. Females don’t sell as much so they don’t spend much on them. If you want a fancier female, you normally need to go through a breeder. All of my female bettas that I purchased from Lfs were plakats. I had to order my fancier ones from breeders. This was when I had my sorority up and going.
What @Colin_T said was what I meant. She probably does have them, or she would be miserable. Will the OP please check it the betta has them? :)

?????????? This is truly confusing. You know not what you speak of. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back