Some Ancient History

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TwoTankAmin

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Here a couple of my business cards from the 1970s. The sound company was from 1973 -1977 and the one from Saudi Arabia was from 1978-1979. None of the adresses or phone numbers is any good any more nor are the addresses.

I ran the Gulf Coast operation 10 months and then the Headqquarters Yard in Jeddah for 8. No vehicles, small equipment or containers moved without me doing it. All supplies that were needed and sent to our remote locations were handled by me. Strange country.

I was a partner in the Sound Co, and we did a lot of concerts mostly in Connecticut, USA but is some nearby states as well. I mostly did the live mixing but also would do the onstage monitor mix. Met a few stars, saw and mixed some great shows. But is was too much physical labor and too little music.

cwlbizcardsnameout.jpg

Some of the acts included Climax Blues Band, Sha Na Na. The Persuasions, Doc and Merle Watson, Fats Domino, Taj Mahal, Donald Byrd and the Black Byrds, The Rhinestones, The Ohio Players, Ryo Kowasaki, a jazz band benefit featuring Jackie McClain on sax and on drums, Max Roach. Plus a few more I cannot remember off the top of my head. Old brain Syndrom I guess.....

Last edited:
There are so many people here we don't even really know about now. Who we all were, and it gets fascinating. I think most of us go through a number of incarnations during our lives.

I've been saving my various business cards since I entered the workforce in the early 80's. I have quite a few- I could almost be considered a job hopper. One of these days I'm going to arrange them all in one of those business card holder book things.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back