So, Who's Now On A Diet?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My wife and I have discussed it...  that's about as far as we've gotten so far.

*sighs*

Have been telling myself for years to go on a diet to lose some weight but somehow never got round to doing a proper diet.

Found that my belt which was 28 - 34 no longer fits and now have resorted to purchasing a 36 - 42 belt :x

Think that tells me something........

Unless one is fasting, everybody is on a diet :p

Wiki says: "In nutrition, diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism."

I for one am on the seefood diet.

I eat any food I see............

Well, if wiki said it, it must be true.  

I lost weight over Christmas :lol:

but then I've been unwell with flu / cough for the last three weeks :(

I frequently lose weight over Chirstmas, it's busy and stressful, and I often don't eat properly in the run up as a result. I started about a 14 lbs over from the end of summer though, so am only down a couple of lbs and need to lose a few more, but it should improve as I can get back to doing stuff in the garden again and therefore get more exercise.

TwoTankAmin said:
Unless one is fasting, everybody is on a diet
tongue2.gif

There's always one who's deliberately awkward......

I was planning on going on one but we tidied up the paperwork yesterday and I found a health check I had about 5 years ago through work which showed I'd put on 8lbs in 5 years and have been around the same weight for the last year or so. This then led me to open up some Pringles left over from Christmas so I think I'll be carrying on in the same vein for a bit longer!

the_lock_man said:
good for you dude!!

Been on a diet for aboot a year now.. stopped eating meat for the most part.. my adwice, buy fruits and veggies only whilst at the buggy, and then you're pretty much forced to eat well.. In the summer months buy a share of a local farm.. The bird and I did that this past summer, 80% of my diet was organic produce.. lost aboot 40 pounds(the weight, not the currency).. approximately 5kg to put it in metric prospectives.. impressive, I know..

I am down about 10lbs since Christmas, and about 25lbs since September.

This is a bit weird. I've always eaten exactly what I like, never been on a diet in my life. I've been a UK size 12 for as long as I can remember, which felt comfortable since I'm also tall.

Since Christmas I've made a couple of simple healthy lifestyle changes, cut down on biscuits and bread, more fruit & veg, bit of exercise now and then. I was trying to look after my heart rather than lose weight but my weight is plummeting. I've lost over a kilo in the last week alone. I'm down to a size 10 for the first time in my adult life and I feel a bit weird - like I'm too skinny!

Doesn't make sense because I always eat loads. Can't stand to see food wasted so I eat second & third helpings and my kids leftovers too. How can I eat all that and lose this much weight?!

I'm actually pretty happy about being a size 10 but it's a bit scary to see my weight dropping this fast when I'm not actually trying to.

Some people have a higher metabolic rate than others naturally... also, depending on what you are eating, some foods actually take more energy to break down than they actually give.  Celery, for example, requires more energy to break down than it supplies.  And its got some other great health properties... like 2 stalks per day can lower bad cholesterol by 7 points... (I've decided to start eating it like that, because with peanut butter, its awesome... and I need to work on my cholesterol anyway!)

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/11-super-health-benefits-in-just-1-celery-stalk.html

Oh interesting, I never heard of celery reducing cholesterol! I like celery and peanut butter so you may have just introduced me to my new favourite snack! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Back