So What Do You Think Are The Best Movie Remakes?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wendywc

Rocking a crabshell for a hat.
Reaction score
Everyone moans about how horrible most remakes are, but how about the best? From what I've seen watching both the original movies and their remakes, my favorites (so far) are: The Fly, The Thing, Nosferatu, and Ben Hur.

My friend says King Kong is a great remake, but I haven't seen the new Peter Jackson version yet, so I can't say myself.

Everyone moans about how horrible most remakes are, but how about the best? From what I've seen watching both the original movies and their remakes, my favorites (so far) are: The Fly, The Thing, Nosferatu, and Ben Hur.

My friend says King Kong is a great remake, but I haven't seen the new Peter Jackson version yet, so I can't say myself.

I enjoyed the King Kong remake. It had a lot more of what I liked about the original movie. I actually liked the dinosaur stuff, and the remake definitely had plenty of those. Still love the original, and will probably own both, though Fay Wray's screaming can get on my nerves.

I'm still waiting for the 1 Million BC remake. Now, that would be entertainment!

Ben Hur is my all time favorite movie remake. Charleton Heston is super, super hot! :drool: :drool: The new DVD has the 1925 version, which I plan on watching pretty soon.

Mmmm, I agree on the casting of Charlton Heston; director Wyler definately knew what he was doing. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the original too. Matter of fact, I love the originals of all the movies I mentioned.

I really enjoyed the re-make of Manhunter which was then called Red Dragon after the book by Thomas Harris. I still like the original and the actor who played Dolarhyde was well cast.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back