So We Have Eggs...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SJ2K

Always Want More Fish?!
Reaction score
Ok, had these blue rams for a grand total of aroud 3/4 days, they've pared off and just laid a handsome amount of eggs on a piece of mopani. Dad is being super protective as expect and all is looking well (provided the white spot med i added as a precaution doesnt effect them?). How long can I expect to wait before i see any fry? At any point do i need to intervine? Annnd any other info would be much appreciated :) Thanks.

Dont be disappointed if they eat the eggs. New pairs will sometimes take half a dozen gos before they are successful. If after this period they are still eating them you could remove the eggs to another tank.

Fertilized eggs will turn more clear-ish, or orange-ish and will hatch in approx 60 hours - if the temp is high in your tank this may happen more quickly.

If they hatch the fry need to be fed. Baby brine can be too large for their tiny mouths so they need infusoria or green water for the first week until they get big enough to eat baby brine. There are actually lots of recipes for culturing infusoria. Here is an easy one. Take some rotting lettuce leaf and add it to the bottom of a wide mouth jar. Fill it 2/3 full with near boiling water. Let it cool for 24 hours then add about and ounce of aquarium water from the surface or some stagnant pond water. Cover the jar. In about a week you should have some infusoria to feed the babies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back