So New Light = Algae Problems. Who Would Have Guessed? Also Plant Questions.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes that is correct. Some stem plants actually prefer to take it through their leaves such as my Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus.
so hornwort is through leaves right? i think thats why my ludwiga is growing roots in random direnctions lol

Hornwort can be grown as a floating plant which is a good indicator it can get it through its leaves.

I'm not well up on plants, but I do know that some types of plant do grow roots along their stems. My hornwort did that. As did anacharis when I had some.

Hornwort can be grown as a floating plant which is a good indicator it can get it through its leaves.

I'm not well up on plants, but I do know that some types of plant do grow roots along their stems. My hornwort did that. As did anacharis when I had some.
Ok. its shedding so im worried but found out its normal for the first few weeks

Hornwort does shed leaves if there is a change in its environment. A lot depends on how it was kept before you bought it. For example, hornwort grown in an outside pond which is cool, and then put into a warm tropical tank will drop leaves due to the chnage in temperature.

Hornwort does shed leaves if there is a change in its environment. A lot depends on how it was kept before you bought it. For example, hornwort grown in an outside pond which is cool, and then put into a warm tropical tank will drop leaves due to the chnage in temperature.
it was grown in tropical tank but the guy didnt even put water in the bag when we brought it back.

Hornwort can be temperamental. I had some years ago, it grew great until I put a rock in the tank which turned the water cloudy. I got up next morning to find a tank of bare stems and all the leaves on the bottom of the tank. (It was definitely the rock that made the water cloudy as I put it in a bucket of water and it turned that cloudy as well). The hornwort didn't like whatever it was in the rock but the other plants - and fish - were fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back