So much hostility

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I tried driving from Belfast to Dublin on the right, it was very dangerous, I wouldn't recomend it..........
Years ago when I was a young pup I visited England and really had a hard time at first driving on the left side of the road, I forgot myself and accidentally ended up on the wrong side and this guy in a little car honked at me giving me a v sign with his hand. I though his hand signal meant v for victory, so I waved and smiled back. I wasn't until later that one my British friends explained to me that was not a victory sign...:no:

Last edited:
CZRAjrMWwAEsv3g.png

I had a similar experience driving from York up to Edenborough and then on to Drymen to pick up the West Highland Way. WAIT A MINUTE, THESE PEOPLE ARE DRIVING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!

The actual driving was OK, and I was relieved that the gear shift and pedals were configured the same, but I kept looking the wrong way at intersections. Almost got flattened by a semi (an articulated lorry, for my Brit friends) turning left from a backroad on to a highway. Made it to Drymen OK, and was happy to find that hiking in the UK is much the same as hiking anywhere else.

It always amazes me how a thread on a forum can sometimes take on a life of its own. This one started out one thing, took a life of its own and became something else. This is what I enjoy most about threads and forums, keeps things interesting.

My father in law had brain tumor that was aggressive. It's a difficult end when there's relief that pain has ended but such sorrow too x

My mums was an aggressive one too and untreatable unfortunately. As much as you hated seeing them in a way you don’t want to imagine you just wish they did stay to fill that emptiness

Hugs to you and @AilyNC . I lost my mom five years ago last month, and we're coming up on 10th anniversary of losing our son. Those dates can be tough. I've heard it said that you never get over it; you just learn to get on with it. It's true. Carry on. There is always light and darkness, beauty and sorrow. How we live is determined by which we pay attention to.

Thanks hun, hugs and condolences back. You my friend I honour tremendously. It was hard enough to lose my mum but to lose one of my babies I could not imagine at all. My heart fills with sadness but a huge amount of respect for you with your positive outlook :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back