So much hostility

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I only joined a week ago, but I've been logging on every day, and this is the best forum I have seen in a long time. I was going to join some other fish-keeping forums but haven't felt the need, and I think I'll stick with this one.
Me too. On other forums I’m worried in case my ignorance, foolishness and stupidity make me stand out.......

Ive seen a couple bouts of hostility from a person or two on here, so I see what you are saying. I dont think that particular person has been taken seriously because of their bad attitude.
Same time, another person caused some friction for awhile but that person has been noticeably friendlier and is trying hard to change how they word things, which speaks a lot about their intentions I think.

But the core of this group is still the same friendly bunch with a heck of a lot of life on their shoulders during all of this mess be it the pandemic or school or work.

Also for me, dates are October 28 2020 so month/day/year. Interestingly some forms ive seen here have you fill them out all in different ways, so I never thought it varied by country or continent. Interesting. Some forms here make you do year first. Some day. Some month.

Last edited:
Also for me, dates are October 28 2020 so month/day/year. Interestingly some forms ive seen here have you fill them out all in different ways, so I never thought it varied by country or continent. Interesting. Some forms here make you do year first. Some day. Some month.
I do it the way the military does it. (No surprise there. :whistle:)

I understand it’s been rough for everyone this year, we to have an election in Queensland Australia going on this week too but I think this is where everyone needs to stick together and find the right balance. I personally have been dealing with a lot with motherhood, work issues and also the 1st anniversary of my beloved mum coming up on Halloween (I’ve relived her last few weeks with us leading up to the 31st) so my anxiety levels have been through the roof but I have been able to learn how to deal and manage before it gets to restless with others. Just remember we are a family and this is our place to come and support one another :wub:

I always write dd/mm/yyyy but it hasn't always been standard in the UK. I am interested in family history and almost all my family's gravestones give the date of death as mm/dd/yyyy. There are only 2 that don't - one of those is a military gravestone and the other is with the first burial in 1981.

I understand it’s been rough for everyone this year, we to have an election in Queensland Australia going on this week too but I think this is where everyone needs to stick together and find the right balance. I personally have been dealing with a lot with motherhood, work issues and also the 1st anniversary of my beloved mum coming up on Halloween (I’ve relived her last few weeks with us leading up to the 31st) so my anxiety levels have been through the roof but I have been able to learn how to deal and manage before it gets to restless with others. Just remember we are a family and this is our place to come and support one another :wub:

So sorry about your mom. That's a lot to process. My father in law past away 4 years ago today. And my grandmother 10 years ago 10th October. Which is 10/10 across the world. That anniversary was very tough for me as we were extremely close. My heart aches with grieve & I try to remind myself that it only hurts so much because there's so much love there.

Definitely tensions but overall a very welcoming, social forum. I love it! And so grateful for this community in welcoming me, and helping me with my fish and giving me something nice to focus on in all the external chaos.

By the way it's day, month, year, litres, cm for small measurements, inches for bigger ones & colour, flavour, etc :rofl::drinks:

So sorry about your mom. That's a lot to process. My father in law past away 4 years ago today. And my grandmother 10 years ago 10th October. Which is 10/10 across the world. That anniversary was very tough for me as we were extremely close. My heart aches with grieve & I try to remind myself that it only hurts so much because there's so much love there.

Definitely tensions but overall a very welcoming, social forum. I love it! And so grateful for this community in welcoming me, and helping me with my fish and giving me something nice to focus on in all the external chaos.

By the way it's day, month, year, litres, cm for small measurements, inches for bigger ones & colour, flavour, etc :rofl::drinks:

Thank you hun and condolence to you as well. I was close to my mum so she sits very close to my heart! My siblings and I realise she is in a better place now as her fight with cancer was horrific to watch but it doesn’t make it any easier.

Thank you hun and condolence to you as well. I was close to my mum so she sits very close to my heart! My siblings and I realise she is in a better place now as her fight with cancer was horrific to watch but it doesn’t make it any easier.

My father in law had brain tumor that was aggressive. It's a difficult end when there's relief that pain has ended but such sorrow too x

Hugs to you and @AilyNC . I lost my mom five years ago last month, and we're coming up on 10th anniversary of losing our son. Those dates can be tough. I've heard it said that you never get over it; you just learn to get on with it. It's true. Carry on. There is always light and darkness, beauty and sorrow. How we live is determined by which we pay attention to.

Hugs to you and @AilyNC . I lost my mom five years ago last month, and we're coming up on 10th anniversary of losing our son. Those dates can be tough. I've heard it said that you never get over it; you just learn to get on with it. It's true. Carry on. There is always light and darkness, beauty and sorrow. How we live is determined by which we pay attention to.

Sincere condolences to you.

Woke up to all these sad posts, and it only makes me grateful to be alive and see a lot of good supportive people here. We forget sometimes how simple life can be within the aquarium (including the drama moments), in comparison with the challenges we face daily in our crazy world. We are very fortunate to have these critters to show us some humility and kindness.

@AilyNC , you are all good neighbours;)

Oh and we do our dates with day/month/year here in Aussie
LOL....that like a question I asked on a different forum about which side of the road is better to drive on, left or right.....haha.....:yahoo:

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back