šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
Hey all

hope everyone is well?!

So pretty much what the title says!! What is going on guys, I havenā€™t been on much due to outside of the forum issues but I come back and everyone is having digs at each other and are at each otherā€™s throats.. Not the forum it was and Iā€™m not sure what has happened here!! I understand new members coming in and trying to throw their beliefs around is a part of this but honestly why is no one allowed to share how they keep without being told itā€™s wrong and not the forum way! Just because a new member might see that does not mean they will run this way where there is more info on how a lot of you do it in the correct way! Some person has commented on a post from over 2 months ago to have a dig at emeraldking for his way of keeping which to me was not called for, did I say something.. yes I did as it as emerald is a well respect person in the community. You all are amazing at what you do and very knowledgeable but the support there once was does not really show anymore and if it does itā€™s only between certain members. Some might like this post and thatā€™s fine not everyone is going to agree and Iā€™m okay with that because itā€™s not a dig at anyone itā€™s just what I see.

The I am not seeing a lot of hostility, a couple of misinterpreted or poorly read posts is what Iā€™ve come across.

No real hostile behaviour really, maybe a dig or two at certain posts but nothing untowards.

Unless of course I have not read certain threads as itā€™s impossible to read every single post and thread really.

But on the whole I think this is a very friendly and helpful forum.

Mmmm, I have personally encountered the most helpful and friendly people, and very supportive of my noob choices but not afraid of correcting me if I go down the wrong path:fish: Perhaps the digs are between old friends who develop their own signals and understanding, like married people do?
grownups.png

Last edited:
The I am not seeing a lot of hostility, a couple of misinterpreted or poorly read posts is what Iā€™ve come across.

No real hostile behaviour really, maybe a dig or two at certain posts but nothing untowards.

Unless of course I have not read certain threads as itā€™s impossible to read every single post and thread really.

But on the whole I think this is a very friendly and helpful forum.

Please do not get me wrong, I know itā€™s a great forum hence why itā€™s the only one I use and everyone is amazing here but Iā€™ve just seen changes thatā€™s all. Maybe itā€™s just a different personalities that are coming through here or misinterpreted on how one puts forward advice. Idk :dunno:

I would put my money on what @mbsqw1d said... Depending on where you are in the world,things can really be a pressure cooker right now. Covid is rearing it's ugly head again in many parts of the world, and here in the US we are about to have an election in a very charged political climate, coupled with an untold number of wildfires and hurricanes that have pummeled different parts of the country. I am personally having a very hard time just keeping all the balls up in the air on a daily basis, and I have to date remained healthy and employed, which puts me in the "very fortunate" group.

Fish for me right now is a very welcome escape from life, and I would imagine it would be the same for many, and yet at the same time even when we are trying to get away from our daily stressors it's not always easy to perceive or check our own behaviors. That's not an excuse, moreso a reminder that we are probably all here for similar reasons, and to remember that life for a lot of people is pretty tough right now.

But, I have seen more compassion and support here than hostility, and I'm sure we can all commit to working towards keeping it that way :)

Maybe Iā€™m just over exaggerating and see things differently :dunno: Could be my queue to move on.

Maybe Iā€™m just over exaggerating and see things differently :dunno: Could be my queue to move on.
You're right, things do seem tense on some threads. @mbsqw1d has his finger on the pulse and @mcordelia's comment adds creednce to that, while reminding us that overall we present a united front.
But, I do get bothered when I think of young people and new aquarists on the forum seeing the discord that has come up lately.

Thanks, @Ch4rlie for your reminder about the report button.

@Aussie_Bristle I've missed your voice lately. Thanks for opening up the dialogue, given your recent absence you are in a unique position to reflect on this anamoly.
ā™”

Last edited:

Mate, you may not be at all. As I said, I suspect Iā€™m looking in the wrong places.

This is an internationally visited forum so thereā€™s a whole mixing pot of people and ideas which means there can sometimes be crossed wires or disagreements.

Part of me would like to know which posts youā€™re referring to but maybe for the sake of unity/not stirr the pot any further we should leave it there.

Wouldnā€˜t the world be great if everyone could get along in peace and harmony! :)

We had a few issues but they have been worked out and everyone seems to be getting along great. The pandemic has everyone at their wits ends. I see our forum go through waves, at times. It all depends on who Is active at the time. This summer was busy with all the teens out of school but they seem to have moved on. We go with the flow. The ā€œusualsā€ are like family and we can always count on each other. Newbies that join and stay around donā€™t stay newbies for long. They become part of the TFF family. I belong to another forum too but rarely go there. Now, if you want to see people get mean, just visit that place! :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back