So I've Ended Up With A 10G

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
Okay, so i've ended up with a nice little 10Gallon tank. Basically I just wanted some suggestion as to what I could keep in there.

I am considering Betta/ADF, as i've never had the pleasure of owning a Betta. But I'd love to hear from you guys! No suggestion is a silly suggestion, from the wierd to wonderful, from the common to rare!

Thanks in advance!

James. :good:

I would go for a pair of apisto and 6 hatchets. Theres loads of different fish you could have in there what types do you like?

6x Gertrude or Furcata Rainbows up top
6x Threadfin Rainbows in mid
6x Dwarf Chain Loach down the bottom

?

shelldwellers
good.gif

I've always liked the idea of having some but never have as yet

shelldwellers
good.gif

I've always liked the idea of having some but never have as yet

My brother said the shelldwellers would be a good idea for the tank aswell :good:

dwarf puffers!

Dwarf Puffers would be nice. Seeing as they are completely freshwater.

I've also considered Gobys, but im not having Brackish water in this tank.

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming.

James. :good:

Keep your suggestions coming, James :good:

?
I wouldnt put rainbowfish in a 10G there to active IMO,

Pseudomugil furcata and gertrudae, plus Iriatherina werneri all stay under 4cm and are all rather sedate by Rainbow standards, perfect for a colourful 60x30x30cm planted tank (nice bit of Java Fern or alike)
wink.gif

If you lived down my way James, I know a certain place where you could buy...
All the above named Rainbows
Filamant Glassfish
Freshwater (Bumblebee?) Gobies
"Irrubesco," Avocado and "salivator" pufferfish
Various Killifish pairs including Gardneri
Pygmy Rasbora
Emerald Tetra
Blue Neon Gobies
Celestial Pearl Danios
Cockatoo and Agasizzii Apistogrammas
Borelli Cichlids
(The mysterious) Apistogramma "Steel Blue"
Sawbwa Barb

Not a bad choice for a small tank and as mentioned earlier, a brevis shell-dweller trio hareem could work with a top dweller (part of me wonders if a sedate African Butterfly Fish could work, despite their 10cm adult size)!
w00t.gif

Edit: Just remembered that Titchfield MA had some Crocodile Toothpick Fish (now there's a fish you don't see often and would not want to meet in the Amazon while swimming!); Clown Killifish; Chilli Rasboras

?

Pseudomugil furcata and gertrudae, plus Iriatherina werneri all stay under 4cm and are all rather sedate by Rainbow standards, perfect for a colourful 60x30x30cm planted tank (nice bit of Java Fern or alike)
wink.gif

I have a shoal of 10 Furcatus in my 34g, including a couple of large males are about 6cm, maybe a bit bigger, they're all over the place, very active, way too active for a 10g! I too don't recommend Rainbows in a 10g, no matter what size they are.

Mini tanks like 10g deserve mini fish really, would be good with lots of plants and a shoal of Ember Tetras, Spotted Rasboras or Celestial Pearl Danios.

?

wink.gif

I have a shoal of 10 Furcatus in my 34g, including a couple of large males are about 6cm, maybe a bit bigger, they're all over the place, very active, way too active for a 10g! I too don't recommend Rainbows in a 10g, no matter what size they are.

Mini tanks like 10g deserve mini fish really, would be good with lots of plants and a shoal of Ember Tetras, Spotted Rasboras or Celestial Pearl Danios.
Agree. And a 60x30x30 works out at 14G not 10G i wouldnt put them in anything under 20G but 30+ would be alot better.

I think Shrimp will be going in it with whatever fish I choose, based on compatability, probably Cherrys.
Keep suggestions coming!
Thanks again, James.

Seeing as how you're having shrimp, it limits your options.

I'd go with galaxy rasbora personally. Or I'd have a dedicated shrimp tank with some of the Sulawesi shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back