FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

catfish4ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I supeeglued my moss and ferns...

Now there is white marks all around the bogwood and on my hands :(

So now my bogwood is ruined, yay

Aww, buddy! I did warn you to use only a few tiny spots of glue! it will wear off gradually, or you can sometimes peel it off, or the plants will grow over it. It's not the end of the world.

Hey man the glue fades, the first time i did it glue got all over my fingers only stays for a day or two, but it feels really weird on your fingers haha. 

Thats one of the hazards of supergluing :lol:

Don't worry, it will go clear after a while and with practice you'll get better at supergluing plants to wood, rocks and decor.

Secret is, small drops ;)

I also wouldn't use glue for moss, use thread for that. Glue is best for rhizome plants (anubias, Java ferns, bolbitus).

I personally use gel superglue, far easier to work with than the normal type.

The whiteness will settle after time

I tried small drips but then the moss was flailing and arrgghh, ah well, and Moth I tried tying moss but willow moss is so weird and difficult, thanks for advice all :)

Ch4rlie said:
Thats one of the hazards of supergluing :lol:

Don't worry, it will go clear after a while and with practice you'll get better at supergluing plants to wood, rocks and decor.

Secret is, small drops ;)

fluttermoth said:
I also wouldn't use glue for moss, use thread for that. Glue is best for rhizome plants (anubias, Java ferns, bolbitus).

Could get some moss ball and cut it and glue it to a piece of rock haha ive never tried it but i hear it works.

sawickib said:
Could get some moss ball and cut it and glue it to a piece of rock haha ive never tried it but i hear it works.
I could give that a try haha and thanks for help BTW :)

Do yous use the superglue in the tank even if there is fish in it? would fumes not kill them.

gh74 said:
Do yous use the superglue in the tank even if there is fish in it? would fumes not kill them.
You need super glue that is 100% of that cyan stuff and you do it outside of the tank and put it back in once its dry, a alternative is 100% silicone, which doesnt always work because it bonds the best with glass.

Ah i see always good to know were as if i never knew that i would of used the glue and it would off filled the fish if it hadnt of been cyan type,cheers on the info mate ;)

'Cyan stuff / type', hmm, think always best to be more specific to be honest so no one actually buys the wrong stuff.

As long as superglue, any brand, drops or gel etc is fine as long as it is 100% cyanoacrylate, no other ingredients or additives.

In fact cyanoacrylate is used for some veterinary and first aid applications.

However, cyanoacrylate does have quite a short shelf life if not used of about a year or one month once opened, it then may contain some minor toxicity.

Aquarium safe silicon is also fine to use, but does need to be cured to be safe before filling tank with water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back