FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Yep....this

620T%2015th%20Apr%202015%201a.jpg

...is my potential seahorse tank.....

Will be heading to the Marine store tomorrow to get pricing on water. I am sussing online for substrate (will also check the marine store naturally)....i'm thinking black is what i like the look of http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/catalogue_products.php?prodID=5365&catID=93

I need to buy marine bulbs for the in-tank lighting,
I can run the in-tank filter, but am thinking of taking the in-tank filter off and adding a HOB and extra marine lighting behind the in-tank lighting

So now its checking pricing and availability of things needed.....but stay tuned

Nice. You realise the photo-junkies on here will be PMing you constantly for updates? :D

Oooh, a seahorse set up.

My GF always wanted one of these but require very meticulous water and exacting care, hence never had one of these set ups.

Very best of luck and will be closely watching this thread :)

That's a nice looking tank. Did it cost much? How many tanks do you have now?

I have wanted to get them for many years...i have decided now is the time.

NickAu said:
That's a nice looking tank. Did it cost much? How many tanks do you have now?
Cost me nothing, well i traded a few fish for it (i felt i needed to contribute something, the tank is immaculate and like new). A member from here actually lol A very genuine and really nice person.

Too many, hence why some changes are coming to tanks and stock....

So i priced RO water yesterday.....25c a litre, not too bad actually. The salt is expensive though, but i think i will buy that online (cheaper option)

The substrate i want is around $60/bag....i may need 2 bags though (if i do the large tank it will probably be a cheaper substrate used), we will see

I havent fully decided if i will make this tank the SW yet....i am seriously thinking of doing the tank i have still got to pick up as a marine instead, it is larger and i will be able to house my much wanted volitans or i could do both SW lol

So i picked up another tank today, cheap as. I have decided i am going to do this one as the 1st marine. Really want to get the hang of things before going onto the GeeGees (the 620T will be the GG tank)

I am still pricing the rest of the stuff i need. The salt i will get online i think as it is half the price of the LFS. The HOBs i will also get online.

I need to buy some barrels for the water collection/storage. Obviously i dont want them too large as i have to be able to get them in and out of the car on my own. So will be going for a bo peep to find what i feel will be suitable for that job.

I am looking at LED lighting, think i have found the one i want. i will just need to add more lighting pods into it.

As finances allow, i will be buying the things to get this up and running

Sounds good, though i know precious little about SW set ups so cannot really offer a lot of advice.

Only one thing I can think of at this point is, woud getting a RO sytem be cheaper than getting RO water from LFS everytime?

I have heard from various SW keepers that RO systems can be slow and fiddly to set up but once have a routine going its not too bad apparently and is considerably cheaper in the long run.

A decent RO system isnt cheap, and the water costs would kill me lol (my city is on permanant water restrictions, so water can be expensive)

I think for me it is just as easy and not that expensive to buy it. Once i can get my hands on a 1000 litre IBC, i will buy salt water (which is cheaper again than buying the RO and the salt)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back