So Happy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I had been chasing some more Corydoras hasborus for some time, but the one online fish purchasing place that I knew did stock them had not had them in for ages and had even removed them from the site. So on a punt I asked one of my local pet shops if C. hasborus was ever on their order lists. Luckily for me they where and she ordered them
smile.png
I went into the shop yesterday and after searching the tanks, ended up asking if the C. hasborus had been ordered. The answer yep and they are in one of the tanks, back we went and are careful looking spied the 6 tiny little guys. At $14 each they weren't exactly cheap but at least I finally was able to get them.
Home the dear little guys came and into my 4ft cory tank that currently houses peppered corys, smudge spot corys, Brochis splendens, false Julii, two mystery corys and previously 1 C. hasborus. Along with 6 otocinclus, some Borneo Suckers, Dwarf Neon Rainbows, Fly specked hardy heads and threadfin rainbows.
I think it came as a bit of a shock to the tiny little C. hasborus but they have now found a couple of smaller peppered corys to follow around and are starting to come out at feeding time and mix with the big guys.

Peek-a-boo (I love their little moustaches
laugh.png
 )

The tank is fairly wild with plants and behind the plants on logs and rocks there is a whole sheltered hidden area running the length of the tank. The fish are able to hide so well that if there is no food on offer, your lucky to see even half of the fish in there. Which makes for exciting times watching the tank and seeing who is going to emerge from hidden secret areas.

Very nice, Baccus

I hope your patience is eventually rewarded with some cute little offspring
yes.gif

Thanks Aquarian58 it would be nice to see these guys breed, especially since I already had a nice mature female.
The scary thing is I know how small newly hatched peppered corys are I shudder to think how much tinier these guys babies would be
ohmy.png

Congrats! They're really cute :wub:

Nice :)

I have always wanted some of these salt & peppers.

Just a shame my water is too hard for these guys, i do see them in LFS very occassionally but congrats and worth every penny ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back