So, Guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

they look fancier then females. they want to look good for them. fish, in general, are hard to tell the gender. guppies are among the easier ones to do so though.

Guppies are amazing starter fish as they are very adaptable. you don't need a big tank I would recommend a 20 gal for breading. and if serious breeder (2) 20 gal tanks. but all you really need is a 10 gal if just wanting them as pets and nothing more.

They like any other fish require
1 heater
1 filtration system
1 fish tank
and some small rocks for there environment

people will often ask what are your fish parameters. for this, you can get test stips they run under 5.00. The neat thing about guppies is your water doest have to be perfect. just close. and people on here are super helpful! if u run into issues.

mine just had babies ^-^ and im no expert

best of luck cheers
Hey, Thanks!
Trying to find two buddies 4 a zebra Danio and a white mystery snail in a 5 gallon tank
I'm definitely not interested in breeding.

so far the input I've got is pretty much what I expected. The Daniel is hyperactive
which is okay because when I was in grade school I was hyperactive too. but it sounds like it may not be a go.

I think the fish store will take him back the only problem is I've lost my glasses and I can't see to drive and I can't see to find my my glasses!!! for the info though let's see some though let's see some pictures of those little guppy fry

I am going to take him back to the fish store along with Dario2. The health of my other tanks is at stake I can't get another tank and think it would be horrid for either one to be in a 5g alone.
:(

Too bad you don't have a 10 gal tank it would be a good starter tank for you. There no much money either next time u have 100.00 laying around u should get your self a nice beginner setup. don't listen to people who say 5 gal is fine really hard to do anything with that.

pictures coming your way shortly

Heres the two tanks I have a ton of fry but there fast and don't smile when I take their picture.

Attachments

• fry.jpg
    fry.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 102
  • adults.jpg
    adults.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 77

Most reactions

Back