So... clown killifish and gbr? 10 gallon in need of some stocking help.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Milex

Reaction score
im considering the following stock for my ten:
1-2x gbr
6-8x clown killi
1x golden apple snail
2x nerite snail
3-6x amano shrimp

This seems ok to me. id like some outside opinions, however, so would this work? Ive asked in a few other places already, but i figured id ask here too as results have been mixed.
for example some people say gbr is gonna eat them some dont. Some say the tank is too small some don’t. if gbr wont work, what will?

im considering the following stock for my ten:
1-2x gbr
6-8x clown killi
1x golden apple snail
2x nerite snail
3-6x amano shrimp

This seems ok to me. id like some outside opinions, however, so would this work? Ive asked in a few other places already, but i figured id ask here too as results have been mixed.
for example some people say gbr is gonna eat them some dont. Some say the tank is too small some don’t. if gbr wont work, what will?
A 10 gallon isn’t really much room for a pair of gbrs. If they spawn, tankmates will be harassed to no end. A 10 is suitable as a temporary spawning tank but I wouldn’t put anything else in with the pair. I think a 20 long is the minimum for rams/apistos. I’d go with one or two honey gourami instead. They’d go well with the clown killifish- eight is pushing it though. I’d go with 3 pairs max.

Drop the rams and only have 1 species of snail and you will be fine. Otherwise 1pr of rams and no killifish and 1 species of snail.

I had a Mystery/Apple snail that ate my more delicate plants. It was beautiful, though. Stunning white ♡
I just have nerites now.

I agree with those who say species only for that size tank. Maybe they will breed?
Don't know much about killifish but do like how the clown one looks as I have been curious about them in the past.

Not the rams. Do pygmy cats and clown Killis a great combination
This would be the second iteration of my tank. Part of the reason im changing the stock is the pygmies i have never come out, theres a large-ish group, and the only other fish in there is scarlet badis.

I guess rams are a no-no, so what would work.... peacock gudgeons? Honey gouramis? Apistos?

Rams, apistos, peacock gudgeons and honey gourami all need tanks bigger than 10 gallons, in my opinion.

They need a bigger tank as well. The majority of fish need a tank at least 24 inches long. But there are a few which are OK in a tank 18 inches long. I understand a 10 gallon is 20 x 10 x 12 inches.

For 10 gallons you are looking at "nano" fish such as the pygmy cories and badis you already have.

If you have soft water, ember tetras or one of the Boraras species.

If you have hard water, endlers or dwarf puffer but a dwarf puffer should be the only fish in the tank.

Or a betta.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back