So basically I may or may not have

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

CosmicCow09

Reaction score
Left a package of frozen brine shrimp out all night and my school day, but Iā€™m in a cool basement so I feel like they might be fine, they felt cold. Idrk like at all so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

( I have more fish foods I will feed for now but they love those)

Last edited:
thatā€™s really unfortunate they definitely defrosted. But like not all the way, idk

Look at it this way. If you got some meat out of the freezer and left it to thaw all night and all next day at room temperature (not in the fridge), would you be prepared to eat it? If you wouldn't, then don't expect the fish to eat the brine shrimp.

Look at it this way. If you got some meat out of the freezer and left it to thaw all night and all next day at room temperature (not in the fridge), would you be prepared to eat it? If you wouldn't, then don't expect the fish to eat the brine shrimp.
Did you know that if you vacuum seal a steak, it will SUPPOSEDLY last 3 days out of the refrigerator and be completely safe to eat if cooked

Did you know that if you vacuum seal a steak, it will SUPPOSEDLY last 3 days out of the refrigerator and be completely safe to eat if cooked
That's because the bacteria can't get onto the meat and cause it to go off. It's the bacteria that causes meat to rot and smell bad. If it doesn't smell too bad and you cook it properly and kill all the bugs on it, the meat is usually safe to eat. But if it has a metallic taste after cooking, throw it away.

We went from brine shrimp to how to know if your steak is good... šŸ‘

That's because the bacteria can't get onto the meat and cause it to go off. It's the bacteria that causes meat to rot and smell bad. If it doesn't smell too bad and you cook it properly and kill all the bugs on it, the meat is usually safe to eat. But if it has a metallic taste after cooking, throw it away.
This assumes zero bacteria on the meat before sealing...not likely

If you cook the meat and then vacuum seal it... That may do the trick... But anyways... The brine shrimp... I wouldnt use it, its just too risky
This assumes zero bacteria on the meat before sealing...not likely

That's because the bacteria can't get onto the meat and cause it to go off.
Not quite.
Bacteria is already present within the meat and it is this that will begin to break down the proteins and fats, as soon as it is given the chance.
Also, the meat's own enzymes will break it down and oxidation will also occur.

NOTE that only 40-50% of our cells are actually human...the rest are microorganisms.

Speak for yourself human, mine are mostly werewolf with a bit of vampire. I got a virus on another planet yrs ago and it mutated my cells :werewolf:
The werewolf emoji looks like an Ewok... Just saying... Ya kinda seem like a little angry teddy bear šŸ˜‚

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back