Snow Storm Incoming: Advice Needed

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

UnknownFishies

Fish Addict
Reaction score
There’s a really big snowstorm coming into Colorado and they say the power will go out... if this does happen what can I do to keep my fish warm? I know to put blankets around it but anything else? I also don’t have any spare heaters. I just want to know just in case this does happen.

Would you still be able to boil water on a gas or camping stove ? I’d say remove as much water as possible as the smaller amounts of water will be easier to keep warm

Would you still be able to boil water on a gas or camping stove ? I’d say remove as much water as possible as the smaller amounts of water will be easier to keep warm
I can remove %25 max because after that my bucket really can’t fit in the tank ?. I have an electric stove, would that work? Also if it helps my room where I keep my fish is on the bottom floor of the house and that room gets really cold if the temperature changes.

The blankets or foam will work.

I’ll try to find the thread that everyone else gave me advice when the bug snowstorm hit.

Put 1 inch thick polystyrene sheets on the back and sides of the tank. Put it on the front too if you like.

Have a coverglass made from 4, 5, or 6mm thick glass.

Increase the tank's water temperature a few degrees so it is warmer. This means it will take longer to cool down.

Seal the room up and try to keep the room warm. Heat the room up while you can so it takes longer to cool down when the power goes out.

Tell your government to use underground power so the snow doesn't damage the overhead power lines and cause blackouts.

Put 1 inch thick polystyrene sheets on the back and sides of the tank. Put it on the front too if you like.

Have a coverglass made from 4, 5, or 6mm thick glass.

Increase the tank's water temperature a few degrees so it is warmer. This means it will take longer to cool down.

Seal the room up and try to keep the room warm. Heat the room up while you can so it takes longer to cool down when the power goes out.

Tell your government to use underground power so the snow doesn't damage the overhead power lines and cause blackouts.
yeah while i was freaking out my mom told me that we use underground power line. i feel like an idiot??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back