Snello question...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishFinatic77

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I saw some recipes online for snello and I really wanted to try them out. I had a few questions about some of the ingredients though.
So, the first one is that the recipes all call for gell, but I'm a little hesitant to use it. I saw a recipe that uses agar powder and I wanted to know if this was safe to use. If not, is there anything else I could use instead of the gell?
My next question is, could I used crushed up eggshells instead of calcium carbonate powder? I have my own chickens so my eggs aren't bleached or anything. Could I use them?
My final question is whether or not it would be okay to use baby food. A lot of the recipes said I could use baby food as the flavoring. Is this safe? Would it be better to use actual vegetables?
Thanks in advance!

It's a snickers bar mixed with jello... JK

:lol: Sorry! I probably should have explained this in the original question. Snello is food for snails that contains some sort of vegetables, some form calcium, and usually some kind of fish food. The idea of snello is to give snails all the nutrients they need in one food.

Why the hell would you want to feed snails?

If you are breeding them for food, just give them any sort of fish food and keep the pH above 7.0.

I have a snail to eat the algae in my tank. Eventually though, the algae will be gone and the snail will have to eat something. Also, the snail needs a source of calcium and the best way to get it to him IMO is snello.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back