Snakes, Anyone?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Awilcox

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Today I was at petco to buy some frozen foods and I was horrified to see a very sick emaciated ball python. He was indeed in she'd but also terribly skinny and weak. He was one of 8.. Yes 8 snakes in a small enclosure. Poor thing. Another reason to hate petco. I had a conversation with a employee and all they said was he was going through a " Narley shed"
DA950F32-5D1F-43E9-A0F9-50D33AED8C97-1571-000000F2E2DE3BAB_zpse0323421.jpg

Poor mite :( Id be writing a letter of complaint to their head office and telling them you have passed on photos and your concerns about the animal to your local animal welfare group.

Honestly, they will never learn if people dont do anything...

There is the possibility that it is a difficult feeder in which case it shouldnt be on sale...

Unfortunately if they don't have the care, patience and time to try helping the snake shed then that's what they look like when going through a difficult shed :( Also, as ball pythons are known trouble feeders they sometimes just don't feed at all. I would say that it's a trouble feeder and is having trouble shedding due to being crowded in.

I do have snakes myself though, 2 corn snakes so far, and a bearded dragon.

Just come across this post and that is certainly not healthy looking :(
As for 8 ball python in one tank, poor things. They can certainly be difficult feeders but should have been separated so they feel more comfortable.
Poor poor things.

As far as the thread goes,
'Snakes anyone?' 
MEEEE! A beautiful boa :) -creatively named bow... how cool am i? ;)

I had a young ball and he didnt eat for over a year. Always had to force feed him then.

Awww man that's so disappointing. I bought my ball python at petco and mine wasn't as bad but she lucky was a good eater and she is all happy. I wanna work at a petco to help prevent things like this at my local store but I'm not 18

bullit said:
I had a young ball and he didnt eat for over a year. Always had to force feed him then.
Snap. My wife and I have a number of snakes and the pythons have always been a pain in the butt. We have even found ourselves warming food with a hair dryer to activate their heat glands, which usually does the trick. We had one go almost a year though. One guy I know, tried a force feed but it was regurgitated, putting the snake in a worse position than when it started. After 18 months it suddenly ate. Has done ever since.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back