Snake Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Well, He fed in my viv quite well. But it's still insanely active after it :|

Snaking eating mouse ->

20130724_1357020.jpg

Quick question, did you buy this off a woman? I know thats a 50/50 guess there but the wife reckons she knows who the seller was lol. Dundee, the worlds biggest village! Watch who you kiss at parties you know?

Nope, A guy. His wife hated it but the guy was really sad to let this one go. He even checked me out that I wasn't scared of the snake and was willing to give it a good home.

Yeah it happens a lot sadly that other halfs cant stand your pet. My wife used to keep pet mice and still has pet rats, then off we go defrosting the same for the snakes haha

Yea, I could understand lols.

Ah well, A lot of people are snake haters but love lizards. There both pretty much the same, Both have interesting characters and can be quite friendly if treated with respect :p

See.. when my ex said he didn't like my animals.... LOL

Be careful feeding him in viv on the bedding, you don't want any of that bedding sticking to the food and him swallowing it :)

^^ i have often wondered about this one. I stick to the good owners guide & use an ice cream lid for my aspen bedded snakes, but it absolutelty befuzzles me why a snake thay can digest BONE cannot eat a bit of straw. Especially where thay snakes natural habitat includes such a danger.

I never thought of that. Am not entirely sure how I'd feed him in a rub and get him back into the viv with out handling him.

I used to feeding out of the home. You need to wait till the food is fully swallowed (give about 30 mins after swallowing) then whilst supporting as much of the body as you can, lift n shift with minimal handling and moving inbetween.

There we go, Am hoping this makes a difference :p

20130725_145430.jpg

Better :D

i have often wondered about this one. I stick to the good owners guide & use an ice cream lid for my aspen bedded snakes, but it absolutelty befuzzles me why a snake thay can digest BONE cannot eat a bit of straw. Especially where thay snakes natural habitat includes such a danger.          

Because when they swallow the bones, they are all wrapped up in a nice soft package until it gets to the stomach where the insane stomach acids get to work, also once swallowed, the snake wont move around much until its digested the food.

The bedding is nasty sharp sometimes and on the outside of the mouse, it could tear or pierce the snakes mouth or digestive tract on the way down.

For the same reason, its important to not feed a snake something too big or sharp... seen a photo on a forum recently of someones snake who was offered food that was too big and the snake ended up with an inch long tear about a cm behind its head, it was only the layer of skin with the scales on but it exposed all the muscle underneath. Through shear luck and care the snake healed with only a small scar but still... eeep!

Quick update, Got him some wood too and his new cave he seems to love it.

Am still looking into new feeding ways but I always hold my mouse above the floor and he'll strike it and eat it, Then go back to his cave for a day so am not sure there's much of an issue
tongue2.gif

I did have him out today too, He's just a pushover. Does not mean being handled at all, No hissing and no running off quickly.

20130726_202710.jpg

20130726_202714.jpg

You've noticed he is a typical cornsnake then ;)

I think typical snake is better. They all prefer to come out at night xD

Could i ask do you have a uv bulb ? I know with bearded dragons and snakes you need a heat bulb ( uva ) and a uvb bulb ....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back