Snake found in my pond

PondNash

Reaction score
This was wayyyyy back in may of 2020, my pond resides in a garden and of course we have wildlife, foxes, frogs, rabbits, humming birds, and SNAKES, not the dangerous kind but there were garden snakes in our garden, and basically one day we found one snake stuck in my pondā€™s net (its there to steer away predators) it was quite funny but sad, we didnā€™t wanna touch it at all so we left it there to pass away but then I felt bad for it and tried letting it go it was rlly scary, After like a week I found itā€™s snake skin in our garden so šŸ˜§

Last edited:
I'm confused, snakes are good, this one got away from a tragic and painful death, what is the issue?

BTW, we have a business, Southeastern Reptile Rescue that will relocate harmless snakes and capture venomous snakes for educational purposes.

Fun Fact: It is illegal to harm a non-venomous snake in Georgia.

I'm confused, snakes are good, this one got away from a tragic and painful death, what is the issue?

BTW, we have a business, Southeastern Reptile Rescue that will relocate harmless snakes and capture venomous snakes for educational purposes.

I think I see where they believe its messed up BUT he did the right thing in the end by releasing it... He was being honest with his thought process. And @robmcd's right sometimes things are best not posted or not reacted to *cough cough*...

ANY
ways, i belive the OP did the responsible thing by letting it go. But imagine this, you have a pond right... Then you wake up and you see a snake stuck in your pond. Now if you live where I live (venomous snakes everywhere) the last thing you would do is go and save it... I know I wouldnt... I'd be like: "Well a human life is more important, so I'll say prayer for the thing and hope for the best"... And if I had the money I would call a catch and release exterminator... But no way would I put my life in danger for a possibly venomous snake... If I new it was a harmless one I would make an attempt to rescue it because it can't kill me...

The confusion is because the OP has now edited it to say the snake lived. Originally it said the snake was left in the net and died slowly.

The confusion is because the OP has now edited it to say the snake lived. Originally it said the snake was left in the net and died slowly.
Well I don't find this confusing tbh... Like he is saying now at first he didn't want to let it go... Obviously sometime after his original post he decided to attempt a release.

Well I don't find this confusing tbh... Like he is saying now at first he didn't want to let it go... Obviously sometime after his original post he decided to attempt a release.
I forgot where he said it was earlier in 2020, so he couldn't have chosen to let it go after making the post... But I still don't think its right to say his decision was messed up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back