Snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tuckerman821

Reaction score
Hello, I added some live plants from my local pet smart and though I rinsed them well but still ended up with some rams horn snails. I currently only notice three I am quite fond of their look but I don’t want to have an infestation. I also currently have three nerite snails. Is there a way I could keep these three snails from breeding. And would removing two be an ok idea to keep the big one?
Thank you

Remove them, unless you want dozens more, sooner than later

Make sure you don't over feed the fish, and regularly clean the bottom of the tank (if you have gravel, deep clean that). Snails only get out of control if they have plenty food - ie left over fish food and fish poop.
I've had two species of pest snail for years and they haven't taken over yet.

Make sure you don't over feed the fish, and regularly clean the bottom of the tank (if you have gravel, deep clean that). Snails only get out of control if they have plenty food - ie left over fish food and fish poop.
I've had two species of pest snail for years and they haven't taken over yet
This is what I’ve read and thought about, thank you all for the advice.

Good to see another fellow Texan join the forum...

It's the speed they reproduce at which can be limited by restricting their food. Less food = less snails.
But yes, there will always be some snails, and for some people 1 snail is too many.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back