Snails...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
Hello,

There's someone on here who's offerening to send apple and malaysian trumpet snails to people. I quite fancy some snails as I loved the pest ones we had. Obviously I couldn't put any in the biggest tank or they would become clown loach snacks, but what do you think about the others?

Are trumpet snails the kind that can breed alone as I have seen conflicting information. A site said "you only need one snail to have tons" and another said "livebearing snail that breeds quite readily". I want to avoid being overrun with them, so I want to be sure before I get any. I have looked online but I can't find too much so I thought I'd ask here.

My coldwater tank is at 70F and my smaller tropical at 77F, I understand from applesnail.net that apple snails will not move around much in below 65F but as the temp gets higher they get more mobile and happy.

Oh, I have live plants in the small tropical. Quite a lot actually but the coldwater tank doesn't have any live plants at all.

What do you reckon?

:dunno:

if u dont want to be overrun then maybe stick some in a bucket for a week or 2 and if u start seeing more then i guess u have your answer.. i wish i was more usefull but it jus sucks when ppl post stuff and nobody responds lol

i posted like 20 pics of my fish took me like 2 hours and i got like 2 responces lol

:fish:

i have a pesky snail i hope he breeds with himself and i get lots l0ol

Thanks for the response!!

I think that trumpets are both livebearing and a-sexual. I am going to go with one apple snail for my coldwater tank I think but I may just get a couple more hillstreams. I am a sucker for those little guys.

I know what you mean about the photos thing. It happens to me all the time, we ca't all take photos like freshmike eh?!!

LOL :thumbs:

yea ... he always has nice pics.. with nominations and lots of replys.. i got like 2 lol WASTE OF MY TIME :S

:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back