snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Corp000085

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm considering getting snails, or some sort of shrimp for my tank. Its understocked, but i do have a relatively agressive cichlid in there as well as a pretty big pleco. Would this be recommended??

Also, would it be possible to put them directly into my aquaclear to eat the junk that collects in there without exposing them to the agressive fish??

Hi Corp000085

Apple Snails sound like a good idea to me, too. :nod:

But why is there junk in your filter. If you use an AquaClear, just take the sponge out and rinse it off when you do your weekly water changes. Use the water removed from the tank to avoid losing any of your beneficial bacteria.

Another thing you can do with an AquaClear is to fill the chamber above the sponge with filter floss. This gives you the added benefit of additional surface area for the bacteria to cling to, and it can be rinsed out the same way as the sponge.

I would also go with an apple snail or two, I have 5 of them and they are pretty cool....get beat on alot, but still manage to maintain that they are indeed cool. :p

Chris

How about some Malaysian Trumpet Snails, you don't often see them as they burry in teh substrate, but they are quite interesting little things.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back