Snails Problems

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

They also look like they are deprived of hardness. Snails need calcium to live, if you are lacking in calcium, their shells will have dips and cracks in them.
I bought them not too long ago, and they came like that. I’m on the well, and the water is pretty hard. I also feed them and add calcium to the water.

I bought them not too long ago, and they came like that. I’m on the well, and the water is pretty hard. I also feed them and add calcium to the water.
Interesting... unlike any BRH snails I have ever seen. :dunno:

What do you feed them again?

I wonder if it’s the shock to their system when moved to the lower nitrates. How they are surviving in really high nitrates is really wow as they are highly sensitive to nitrates but it be doing a reverse affect if that makes sense.

I wonder if it’s the shock to their system when moved to the lower nitrates. How they are surviving in really high nitrates is really wow as they are highly sensitive to nitrates but it be doing a reverse affect if that makes sense.
yes, that makes sense. The weird thing is that when I buy snails, they die in the clean tank as well.

Your nitrates are way to high. Snails are very sensitive to nitrates and that is probably your problem

Your nitrates are way to high. Snails are very sensitive to nitrates and that is probably your problem
Is 5 ppm high enough to kill them? It never gets above that in the new tank. I can see why going from such high to low extremes would be a shock, but new snails wouldn’t have a problem in the low nitrates, would they?

Oh my bad, sorry hun I thought you were buying new ones to put in the high nitrate level tank and they were dying sorry. No 5ppm should be okay. Do the copper test as suggested and see hun

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back