Snails...OMG

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just let me know your zip codes and I will check and see.

Oh ok!Well let me check my savings right now and I will get back to you on that.I thought it was goanna be more but with 4.00 I may just be able to do that.

how many snails ? like 10-15??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yes it is about food ;) Normally, there should never be food that snails can reach quicker than your fish. Those snails also live off dead plant matter, which there might be a lot in a new tank as plants adapt to the new conditions. Anyway, those snails are harmless and good for your tank.

I am sure they are harmless but I just have too many. LOL

SnailPocalypse, okay, just let me know.

WillDuncan, at least that many

I have a bowl of tank water with a LOT of snails in it. They are not going back in my tank.

Lol I will pm you my address later, do uou have a PayPal or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you need some Betta's to control those snails.

May be the only species you have currently. They will dominate initially till food sources are depleted. I always keep rams ponds and mts. Mts are the most prolific of the three and often out compete the latter two.

Hard to say my favorite but do really like the rams. Im down to 50 or so in my 10g. Maybe 100 ponds and at least 150 mts. But they have made a comeback. Having kept them for 30 years never seen them eat live plant material.

Not as much fauna eat the rams and mts as the ponds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
WillDuncan, I do have PayPal.

As for eating the plants, I have now found holes in my water wisteria and my amazon sword. So they are munching.

As for the betta, I have then in my betta tank and he is not eating them. But I only see a couple in it. Probably be a couple hundred my next week. lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back