Snails appeared

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dawson1973

Reaction score
I have had my tank for nearly 1 yr and today I noticed a small snail stuck on the front glass. Where did this come from. I have made no new introductions to the tank for ages??????
I am very excited about this but confused?
Also is it a good thing to have?

GET RID OF THE SNAIL!!! They will over run your tank. When was the last time you added plants? It is possible that they were hiding and you just saw them. It will be hard to get rid of the snails once they are everywhere in the tank.

I purposely added 5 snails to our hospital tank to breed for my puffer to eat, this was about 2 months ago, at the last count we had over 50 snails even with removing some puffer snacks....so they breed very fast!!! beware if you dont want the idea of a snail infestation!!

Don't freak out over it. They're easy to control if you take the right steps. Don't give them much food, take out some when they begin to become too numerous and get snail eaters if you really have an infestation.

Depending on the snail it might actually be a good thing.

:unsure: for some reason i havent had any snails breed. i got a few to see if a previous puffer would like them and he didnt. i decided to leave them just in case he changed his mind, and they have been there since

malaysian trumpet snails have a new baby almost everyday..

well... mine have....

my apple snails try to eat the malaysian trumpets..

its possible that the snail isnt asexual therefore wont be able to breed... i would just leave it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back