Snails and salt

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Salt will burn fish, so it must always be completely dissolved in water and then pour the water in the tank.

May I ask why you were using salt?

Salt will burn fish, so it must always be completely dissolved in water and then pour the water in the tank.

May I ask why you were using salt?
Yes it was for a guppy that had a bacterial infection on its fin, from a previous wound, my fish guy said.
I kinda knew I would lose the fish but it was aid healing mainly and general boosting of them. It did cause the infection to fall off the guppy who perked right up and was eating etc, then he just died last night.
If infection or any signs on other fish occurred we were going to use the green meds to treat them, tried salt first

For future reference, our disease expert recommends 1 heaped tablespoon salt per 20 litres as the starting dose. Your 54 litre tank will contain less water than that (my old 54 litre held 45 litres water) so around 2 to 2.5 tablespoons for your tank.

Post #2 here

For future reference, our disease expert recommends 1 heaped tablespoon salt per 20 litres as the starting dose. Your 54 litre tank will contain less water than that (my old 54 litre held 45 litres water) so around 2 to 2.5 tablespoons for your tank.

Post #2 here
Ok thank you and how often or at what frequency should I dose the tank with that amount in the event of an issue?

Post #2 here
Sorry I'll read the thread you posted, no problem

Post #2 here
Ok it's all clearly explained in the post thanks again

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back