Snails and plants - sea fleas too?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi,

I took a load of snails out of the planted aquarium as they were eating the plant, however, the planted aquarium has sea fleas in it, this is from the time I tried to grow sea monkeys, anyway, as they are tiny, they get to stay in there even with 90% water changes, is there anything I can do to get rid of them easily or do I need to do like a 100% water change and thoroughly clean everything?

Also despite having added a fertilizer safe for shrimps to the plant, it isnt looking too healthy, I know people say you can grow plants in non-soil medium like stones or sand, but is it really realistic?

Edit having just looked up sea flea i read they are from 5mm to 1cm, the things i have however are propper tiny, like they could pile up on the top of a needle.

Any chance of a picture and short 30 second video of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

Hi, there are no fish in the aquarium, the fleas I'm talking about I thought were called sea fleas when I was looking into the sea monkeys. However as I say these are pin dot sized organisms and you can't photograph them. They jump about a few millimetre at a time.

Furthermore rather annoyingly i was growing some short hair grass in another little aquarium and the snails i put in there ate that too!

I need a clear picture of the sea fleas. They won't be anything to worry about and are not from your sea monkeys (brineshrimp). They are probably cyclops (copepods).

I can sympathies with you my two golden mystery snails tore up several of my plants.:mad: I ended up separating them. So far the one I left in my 55 gallon tank has left the plants alone. The other one is in 40 gallon tank I just set up so he is alone in there, no plants or fish-solitary confinement. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back