Snailies Wamted :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MissKitty

Reaction score
hello!

i'm looking for lots of different types of snails for our new snail tank :)
any types considered, especially pest snails as the main reason for the snail tank is to breed them for the loaches (they vanish too fast in our main tank!) but as we're having a snail tank, we'd like some pretty varieties in there too!

thankies
becky

hi i wouldn't recommend having anything other than pest snails in your tank if you want loaches to eat them. If you had "prettier" varities in there you would find them harrassed and pecked to death! please just stick with pest snails :good:

hi i wouldn't recommend having anything other than pest snails in your tank if you want loaches to eat them. If you had "prettier" varities in there you would find them harrassed and pecked to death! please just stick with pest snails :good:

As explained in my first post, it's for a snail only tank. Pest snails do not survive long enough in our main tank to breed, they get eaten super fast by the loaches, so we have a seperate tank now for snails to breed in. As we are having a snail only tank to breed the pest snails (to use as feeders in the main tank), we thought we'd also have some pretty ones in the snail tank.
I'm not stupid enough to put pretty snails in with loaches! Those will stay in the snail tank, I don't intend to use those as feeders.

As explained in my first post, it's for a snail only tank. Pest snails do not survive long enough in our main tank to breed, they get eaten super fast by the loaches, so we have a seperate tank now for snails to breed in. As we are having a snail only tank to breed the pest snails (to use as feeders in the main tank), we thought we'd also have some pretty ones in the snail tank.
I'm not stupid enough to put pretty snails in with loaches! Those will stay in the snail tank, I don't intend to use those as feeders.
I can send RAMHORNS, mixed sizes if you pay postage or swap for plants

I can send RAMHORNS, mixed sizes if you pay postage or swap for plants

i don't have any plants sorry (well i do but only the common pond weed type ones), but i don't mind paying postage if you could find out how much it'll be? :)
thank you!

we're still looking for some more snailies :)

i've got some MTS, orange tylos & yellow striped tylos coming this week, i'm not after any more MTS but i'm still after different tylo/rabbit snails

i have two gold tylos at the moment too, but might be after a couple more as we *think* both the gold may be male (i found two what we believe are spermatophores in the tank?)

we'd like some different nerite snails too, and maybe some different apple snails

leave me a message or pm with what you have! :) i'm happy to pay good prices for decent sized snails, but don't like paying a lot for small ones

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back