Snail

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Jason w

Reaction score
Hi
Any one with any advice on snails infestation!
I have tried snail trap
Picking them out
Snail hoover
And 5 no assassin snails
I leave the lights of so they appear on glass and scrap them off but still hundreds aappear please help

The usual cause of snail overpopulation is too much food. Do any of these apply to your tank?

Overfeeding the fish. Uneaten fish food feeds the snails.
Algae. Snails will eat some types of algae. If your tank has a lot, this could be feeding the snails.
Organic matter; ie fish poop. Many snails will eat this if there is a lot on the bottom of the tank.

Hi I donā€™t overfeed and only have 1 fish in there
There minimum algae for them to eat
I just donā€™t get it ?? They are constant
Thanks for reply

Hi
Any one with any advice on snails infestation!
I have tried snail trap
Picking them out
Snail hoover
And 5 no assassin snails
I leave the lights of so they appear on glass and scrap them off but still hundreds aappear please help
Zucchini. After you catch the snail you have to scoop Out the few That did not feed on the zucchini and change the amount of food that you put in your tank.

just put the boiled zucchini in the tank with some fish tropical and gold fish live it. Leave it in over night and scoop it out with the snails attached to the zucchini. Be careful how you lift the zucchini out of the tank or they will fall off and get free.

Attachments

• B8437B8E-7A08-49F6-9CB1-D338E3ED0AD0.jpeg
    B8437B8E-7A08-49F6-9CB1-D338E3ED0AD0.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 24
  • AE630A20-3CB8-41C3-A4FE-682F981868F5.jpeg
    AE630A20-3CB8-41C3-A4FE-682F981868F5.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 24
Zucchini. After you catch the snails you have to scoop Out the few That did not feed on the zucchini and change the amount of food that you put in your tank after that.

just put the boiled zucchini in the tank. tropical and gold fish lIā€™ve it. They will probably eat most of it but two thick slices will be enough to get the snails to glum on to the sides of the zucchini. Leave it in over night and scoop it out with the snails attached to the zucchini. Be careful how you lift the zucchini out of the tank or they will fall off and get free.

another thing to pay attention to is the seeds. Try not to cook squash with big seedsā€¦some have some big seeds.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back