Snail .

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

glassfrog

Reaction score
Watching a UTube vid about some guy dip netting in Florida and in the background was a snail that looked to be a Ramshorn that had to be 2 inches or more across. Do they just grow bigger there or something not seen in the trade.

Most big snails in the LFS around here at apple/mystery snails. To buy ramshorn you have to special order them and they are small. I have nerites snails in my tanks. I found two young ramshorn snails on some plants I bought and I am letting them grow.

Large ramshorns are common in shops in the EU as we can't get apple/mystery snails. They come in a few colours; there are red, gold, brown and blue ramshorns currently for sale on UK's Ebay. And there's the brown and beige striped giant columbian ramshorn.

Large ramshorns are common in shops in the EU as we can't get apple/mystery snails. They come in a few colours; there are red, gold, brown and blue ramshorns currently for sale on UK's Ebay. And there's the brown and beige striped giant columbian ramshorn.
Thank You.

So they let you keep Ramshorn snails in UK but you can't keep Mystery snails?
That's dumb considering Ramshorn snails reproduce much faster than mysteries and they can live in cold or warm water (mysteries only live in warm).
stupid government

@Colin_T : you have a Private message...please read it and acknowledge that you read it

Last edited:
Colin - they haven't found ramshorn snails anywhere in the wild in the EU. Yet. If they do, they'll ban them too. It was finding one species of apple snail living wild in a Spanish river that lead to the ban on all apple snails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back