Snail leaving it's shell?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

www.applessnail.net is a great site. However, I think you misunderstood. They suggest looking when the snail comes out of it's shell yes, but they mean it's foot and body. They do not mean the snail is going to completely exit the shell. You will note that at one point they say "close to the edge of the shell" which implies the snail still has it's "body" in the shell and that it does not leave it's shell entirely.

\Dan

oh, i see
i was wondering why they would say that, since on the bottom of the page it says that once a snail leaves it's shell it is destined to death
sorry for the misunderstanding

Jebus said:
oh, i see
i was wondering why they would say that, since on the bottom of the page it says that once a snail leaves it's shell it is destined to death
sorry for the misunderstanding
It's no problem. I was wondering what "expert" would say a snail leaves it's shell. I was a bit worried when you said it was applesnail.net. I can see though how it was pretty easy to misunderstand the FAQ.

\Dan

lol. Sorry guys but snails do NOT come outa their shells. Maybe you saw wrong
Sorry to break it to you, but unfortunately I have proof they do. My snail Baxter is out. No abrasions, no blood. I’d try not sounding so confident in probable incorrect comments in the future. RIP Baxter. He was so happy and would take rides in the current of the the tank daily.

Attachments

• DFD44B0F-2242-4AAD-A2AA-A79ECB1866D7.jpeg
    DFD44B0F-2242-4AAD-A2AA-A79ECB1866D7.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 113
  • A335B9E1-7B65-46CA-944D-093B05BE92B9.jpeg
    A335B9E1-7B65-46CA-944D-093B05BE92B9.jpeg
    964.7 KB · Views: 122
Sorry to break it to you, but unfortunately I have proof they do. My snail Baxter is out. No abrasions, no blood. I’d try not sounding so confident in probable incorrect comments in the future. RIP Baxter. He was so happy and would take rides in the current of the the tank daily.
This thread is 16 years old ;)

Most reactions

trending

Back