Snail id

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Irksome

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I put 4 pink pearl ramshorns in my new tank and babies that hitched on plants of been removed to keep the colours pure. today I spotted this guy. It isn’t quite the same shape as the baby standard ramshorns im used to. Is it a ramshorn? It’s also much bigger than hitchers normally are.

Attachments

• 12E75758-48C3-4A2F-B10A-7D6F19A8E97D.jpeg
    12E75758-48C3-4A2F-B10A-7D6F19A8E97D.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 81
Definitely possible. Thanks.

Attachments

• 3EDC994B-3951-49B9-9A35-D52854B53C67.jpeg
    3EDC994B-3951-49B9-9A35-D52854B53C67.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 86
Is the shell a flat spiral? That's what I see in the photo. All other snails have a 3D spiral.

It is illegal to import apple snails and to allow them to spread within the EU. If the snail in question is an apple snail it can only have come with plants which means that the seller is selling apple snail infested plants, which is illegal.

Well it appears to have a flat spiral, although it’s shell is broad it has no tapered point. I hoped to get a better pick out of water but no luck. It also appears to have a similar companion. I don’t think it’s an Apple snail

It's a Ramshorn snail, not too sure on the colour, may be a blue.

It is either a pond snail or an accute bladder snail; both are very similar in appearance, and I can never remember the difference, but that doesn't really matter here as it is not a ramshorn and will not cross-breed. Pond and bladder snails frequently arrive on plants and are harmless to healthy plants.

It's a Ramshorn snail, not too sure on the colour, may be a blue.

You were right, thankyou. Seems to be a blue ramshorn. I had no idea ramshorns could be so quick to reproduce. They appear to be growing in front of my very eyes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back