FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Flubberlump

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've just spotted this baby snail in my tank. I have no idea what it is. I have pest pond and rams horn snails but it's definitely not one of those. I put some assassin snails in less than 2 weeks ago so it's not one of those either. It has a long, conical shell. It's 'upright' sort of vertically on its body, not like an MTS or a rabbit snail which drag their shells behind them.

The closest thing I can find online is a Japanese trapdoor snail, but they don't look right either. It's about a centimetre long.

These are the best photos I can get...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's body is a pinky red colour and the shell seems light brown with a dark brown stripe.

Thanks

I've never seen one like this before.

It looks like the poop emoji! ha

Whatever it is, I'm sure your assassins will soon make a meal of it.

I haven't seen one like it either! It does haha. I'm sure they will. I wasn't sure whether to catch it to see what it grows into. But the only thing I have is my floating breeder box which is a bit excessive for that teeny snail.

I haven't seen one like it either! It does haha. I'm sure they will. I wasn't sure whether to catch it to see what it grows into. But the only thing I have is my floating breeder box which is a bit excessive for that teeny snail.
I'm very curious....I'd love to see what it turns out to be. Maybe an unidentified new breed an you'll get to name it "poop emoji snail" ha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back