snail eggs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
I have to pond snails, possibly giant as one has reached 1/2 inch and is currently growing new shell. anywway I just noticed this slimy trail on the side of the tank and I looked really close and realised it was snail eggs. YAY (maybe). My questions are as follows.

1. What's the best way to destroy the eggs (crush them, scrape them off then leave them in tank, or scrape them off and throw them away)?

2. What effect's will the new snails have on my tank? (PH changes because of the shells?, more ammonia than the tank can handle, or just cool little shelled slugs climbing around on everything)

3. What is the minimum size (of snail) for the lettuce trick to work? (put lettuce in tank tommorrow morning pull out all the snails on the lettuce?)

4. will anything very small eat snails and live in cold water?

5. If something will eat them then how can I keep atl east a few alive because I think they are cool.

that's no good. thanks anyway. my sister has some dwarf puffers would they eat snails?

come on guys the snails are gonna hatch soon. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do with them. Do you think the dwarf puffers would eat them?

Dwarf puffers would probably eat them but they definately wouldn't do good in cold water either.

oh sorry guess I should have mentioned that My sister has the dwarf puffers in a tropical tank. I haven't talked to her about it yet but she also has a great big pleco so maybe the snails could clean up all that poop while they are waiting to be food.

Most reactions

Back