Snail Digital Art

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

StripySnailGirl04

Fish Addict
Reaction score
UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Universe
Hello Homo Sapiens and Snails!
I have started creating snail digital art on Gimp. If you have any snail pictures, please post them and I will recreate them. The pictures will also have a clear background. I will eventually do other aquatic species as well :yahoo:This is what I have done so far:
Original:
IMG_20211124_193900.jpg

Digital Art:
snailsomething.jpg

I hope you like it!

If you would like your snail pictures to be edited by me, please:
1) post your picture of the snail (start with one)
2) Please specify the background you want, either:
Transparant
Black
White
Coloured (specify the colour)
Keep the background already in the picture
Any other background (example: a galaxy image)
3) Please write anything else you would like and I will do my best to include it🙂

Last edited:
How exactly does that work?
There is this app called Gimp which is an image editing app so what I do is crop the picture and paint on top with similar but brighter colours. It may sound easy but it takes a few months to get used to the format of Gimp and you also need to learn how to use layers in an image.

There is this app called Gimp which is an image editing app so what I do is crop the picture and paint on top with similar but brighter colours. It may sound easy but it takes a few months to get used to the format of Gimp and you also need to learn how to use layers in an image.
ahh cool. Sounds similar to photoshop.

Do you also do fish and shrimps and crabs and plants? Or just snails?. The pictures look really nice! Also, I thought white was transparent? What is the transparent option?

Do you also do fish and shrimps and crabs and plants? Or just snails?. The pictures look really nice! Also, I thought white was transparent? What is the transparent option?
It is supposed to be transparent but for some reason, it turned out black. I'll try to find a way to keep it transparent.

I can do digital art for your Gudgeons if you want, but you'll need to post a picture of them for me to work from.

It is supposed to be transparent but for some reason, it turned out black. I'll try to find a way to keep it transparent.

I can do digital art for your Gudgeons if you want, but you'll need to post a picture of them for me to work from.
Really? Thank you! If you can, could you make the background on this black please...
0210221020-1.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back