FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VioletThePurple

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, a snail in my dad's tank died. It's been there for at least a year, I don't remember. However exact age is unknown since it was a river snail. I think that most likely one of the other fish ate it, but he insists it was old age. I highly doubt that because that's his go to whenever something dies which is uncommonly the case. Upon death, it was on the substrate. The snail turned white when it was brown before. I want to save the other snail if it died from being eaten. For any questions about the tank, I'll have to get back to you/might not be able to answer as I'll have to go ask him about it and I have limited information on the tank rn.

What sort of snail is it?

If the snail's body is in the shell, the fish didn't eat it.

Snails can die from poor water quality, fish medications, too much plant fertiliser, or any other chemicals in the water.

What sort of snail is it?

If the snail's body is in the shell, the fish didn't eat it.

Snails can die from poor water quality, fish medications, too much plant fertilizer, or any other chemicals in the water.
Idk it's just a river snail. I doubt it was water quality because everything else in the tank is fine and he does changes regularly, but I'd have to test to know for sure. Not fish medications, none of them are sick so nothing was used. The tank doesn't have plant fertilizer. And I don't think any chemicals were added.
I'd have to take a look at the snail again to tell, but I don't think I saw any resemblance of a leftover body.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back